Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suppressor Sights ? G34

Tin Can

I got a new G34 MOS for Christmas. I am looking at optics for it and see that people are putting suppressor sights on as a co witness. Any input on this idea? Pro, con? The pistol is a range and compeittion gun nothing else.

Well , Im one that believes in Murphy....he rears his ugly head when least expected.Example : I was RO during a club level stage and a guys RMR fell off his slide.....worked thru it and continued on using his iron sights.It saved the stage.In real life....well , you know. Next time I was running another guy and half way thru the stage his hits were WAY off.I told him...USE YOUR IRONS ! He finished and made good hits. I will say that if your running a open USPSA gun...no irons.Anything else....I would definitely have back up irons.....but that's just me.

I'm shooting Carry Optics and I have suppressor sights on mine. Just shot a match with it today. I did not use or even notice the irons once all match. Some people say they find them distracting, but I don't. I'm new to shooting a dot on a handgun so I like having the irons for things like weak hand shooting where it's harder to find the dot. I can just use the irons then and once they're aligned the dot appears. Also, as mentioned above it's nice having the irons if the dot fails.

Due to the mounting system with the different plates, the MOS models mount the dot a little bit higher above the slide than if you were to have a regular Glock milled for a red dot. Because of this it's my understanding that normal suppressor height sights are still not quite tall enough for the MOS. Dawson, and maybe others, make sights specifically for the MOS which are a little taller than normal Trijicon or Ameriglo suppressor sights.

Also, you didn't mention which optic you're going with. Many of them have too large a base to co-witness with even the tallest iron sights. I'm not sure which optics will co-witness besides the Trijicon RMR and maybe the Deltapoint (not Deltapoint 2, it looks bulkier).

Southpaw, Burris FFIII w/ Glock plate.

I'm not sure if any existing sights are tall enough to work with the Fastfire. Call or email Dawson and ask them if their sights will work with the Fastfire. They also might make you a custom set of sights that will work.

Get suppressor sights. They are relatively inexpensive and serve as back-ups when needed. (Who knows when that pistol might be needed for self defense?) Also, if you are relatively new to using a RDS on a pistol (and that might not be the case at all), having the sights helps you learn to pick up the dot MUCH more quickly as you begin learning to shoot the pistol-mounted RDS.

• 3 weeks later...

We run Dawson sights at work for suppressors. They work well on the Glocks. They are rugged, and worked well with the RMR. I did find that you co witness them some what, but the issue becomes that if you go searching for the dot like pistol sights you will be fishing for the dot. An issue most open shooters know to remedy by focusing on the target, bringing dot to that point. I will say that do to the design of the Glock being flat you don't necessarily need sights if the RMR goes down. When we have guys having issues pointing the gun we take the sights off. At first they get apprehensive, but after a few rounds they realize how reliable the gun is. The end result is they are a lot faster and more accurate, they don't fight the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Rangerdug

• 3 months later...