Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optic for PCC

vtecpaoche

I'm building an AR in 9mm. Primary usage will be plinking but I expect it to see some matches in PCC or Steel matches in the future.

What optics are you using for PCC? I'm considering a red dot like the PA Advanced Micro Dot but wanted to see what other options I should consider before I buy something only to realize it was a mistake.

I have a C More on mine and really like it. It's really good for steel challenge type stuff and works fine out to 100 yards on steel at the local 3 gun matches as well. I ran a 2 minute dot last year and it worked pretty well. Might try a 4 min. module this year, though.

I had a Fastfire III on the carbine prior to the C More and had no issues with it either. Seems like about any of them will work, but I prefer the open style sights to a tube. My carbine is a Just Right Carbine in 9mm. I have one in .45, but haven't shot it as much.

I didn't get in on the Black Friday deal, but I had read that PSA was selling the Vortex Strikefires for $160.

The bonus is if the batteries die, the glass inside is still etched with some sort of reticle/crosshair/dot that you can still see without it being illuminated.

PA red dots.

I've had one on my race AR for 4 years now, no problems. Each year I pick up the newest generation. Have one on my .22 AR upper, .22 AR pistol, .22 2011 conversion and now my 9mm MPX.

Yes, I have a .22 obsession.

I'm building an AR in 9mm. Primary usage will be plinking but I expect it to see some matches in PCC or Steel matches in the future.

What optics are you using for PCC? I'm considering a red dot like the PA Advanced Micro Dot but wanted to see what other options I should consider before I buy something only to realize it was a mistake.

Primary Arms Advanced Series red dot for me its a T1 H1 clone that has 50000 hours of battery life is damn near as bright as my T1 and it costs 169 vs 600 bucks. I love these red dots great value and they hold up. http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-advanced-micro-dot-with-push-buttons-and-up-to-50k-hour-battery-life/p/kt-md-ads/ I have them on a lot of my AR's and now most recently I put one on my new JP 9mm carbine. Love that gun.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

Primary Arms Advanced Series red dot for me its a T1 H1 clone that has 50000 hours of battery life is damn near as bright as my T1 and it costs 169 vs 600 bucks.

Any issues picking up the dot? 2 MOA seems tiny especially when I use 8 or 12 MOA dots in my C-More red dots.

Primary Arms Advanced Series red dot for me its a T1 H1 clone that has 50000 hours of battery life is damn near as bright as my T1 and it costs 169 vs 600 bucks.

Any issues picking up the dot? 2 MOA seems tiny especially when I use 8 or 12 MOA dots in my C-More red dots.

Not for me but I prefer 2 moa on rifles. You can always turn it up to the brightest setting and let it bloom for a bigger dot effect.

Spitfire is what you are thinking of. I have one on my PPC

Yes, sir, you are correct. Spitfire.

As far as the rest of your post goes, right click save.

That's a sexy, sexy gun.

Thanks. It is better than the AR 9mm it replaced in every way except mag price.