Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
actionshooter

Which M&P magwell

I have gone to a M&P pro for my 3gun pistol and and want to add a magwell but unsure of which to get, I have a common issue with a lot of hand guns, I have huge hands and most magwells crowd my grip with my firing hand (right). The lower part of my hand is about 1/2" below the bottom of the grip.

Anyone recommend a magwell that might compensate for this?

I like the Speed Shooters Specialties limited in steel or brass. I shoot IDPA and USPSA they are easy to swap out. Most XL gloves are tight on me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also use Speed Shooters Specialties magwells. I have the brass on my M&P .40 Pro Limited and the ESP Aluminum on my M&P 9 pro. Very easy to install.

I bought one of the Speed Shooters magwells in brass. Adds .625 lb to the gun. It tapers down nicely and adds almost an inch. I don't see why you. couldn't have your hand ride on the side of it.

I've got the Speed Shooters Specialties aluminum on my M&P, the TTI bases work great with it. The TTI bases are the only ones I'd recommend for this combination.

Thanks guys, assuming that the TTI bases work fine?

I have a mixture of TTI and TF bases, they both work fine. the only thing that won't work is stock S&W bases (unless you cut the front projection off the stock bases)

One more vote for the SSS magwells. I love the brass ones for 3Gun and USPSA. I also have the steel version for IDPA.

I bought the $120 model brass one from Speed Shooters and it work just fine with the Taran 140s and the 170s from Taylor Freelance. I had to fit the Taylor Freelance to the mag. It tells you about that in the instructions.

has anyone looked into the 10-8 one? i am leaning towards the SSS one since i run taran basepads.