Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Credit cards

BARRYJ

Hate it when someone gets my credit card number and tries to use it. Love it when the bank catches it, denies the charges, and sends me a new card. Hate it when I use the new card for the first time and it is rejected again.

Hate it when someone gets my credit card number and tries to use it.

Down here they keep hiding scan "readers" inside the card scanners at grocery stores. When you swipe the card, it reads it and transmits the data to a crook. I was watching a news story about it a while back and they showed the exact Lucky's store I shop at.....

What I hate is the person using my credit card number looks like they will have a nicer Christmas than we will. Several flat screen TV's and a crap load of clothing later, my credit card company wanted me to verify I was 600 miles away and on a shopping spree.

They put about $15k on one of my wife's cards and it included airline tickets to japan and a vacation hotel and a bunch of other cool stuff.

I hate when fraudulent purchases are shipped to an address but local authorities can't be bothered to investigate. And I cringe when I see the credit card commercials about how they monitor your cards activities and alert you to possible fraud.

This is rapidly evolving into a discussion but it might not be a bad idea to move the topic somewhere that it can be discussed.

Call your CC company and ask them to send you a second card with a different number. Use one card for online shopping and the other for around town. That keeps charges separate and it's easier to scan for things you didn't charge.

The whole idea is to compartmentalize your charges to allow you to spot fraud and cancel the card quickly. But you still have a card you can fall back on.