Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Star Wars: Force Awakens

Chris iliff

Good. Not the best.

I felt like as the movie progressed I had seen it all before. No imagination by producers. I figured major things out quickly months ago and was proven correct.

Not sure why it would get "rave" reviews.

I don't want to give much away, but frankly,...it doesn't take much to figure out.

If you are a fan from the beginning you will probably feel as I do.........just not enough imagination in this.

Think episode 4 with different characters. That's this movie. Nothing new.

• 2 weeks later...

Without giving too much away, I felt like I watch an updated version of "A New Hope." I was thoroughly entertained, but it wasn't very original. It didn't help that the projectionist had the volume set to 11, so I spent three hours with my fingers stuck in my ears so that it was only loud instead of painful.

I think I'll watch "A New Hope" and "Empire Strikes Back" over the long weekend. The other 4 movies don't do much for me.

Edited by sperman

I'll definitely be waiting for the DVD. After standing in line for several hours (1977) to see the first one only to fall asleep soon after sitting down, I'll make sure I'm in my recliner before watching another Star Wars movie.

It didn't help that the projectionist had the volume set to 11, so I spent three hours with my fingers stuck in my ears so that it was only loud instead of painful.

That's the second biggest reason that I don't like to go to the movie theater. The biggest is that there isn't a remote control with a pause button.

I agree, good movie, not great. Good dogfighting scenes and special effects. I think Daisy Ridley did a pretty good job acting as did the guy who played "Poe".

Carrie Fisher looks rough!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one that wonders....why don't they use the Force to turn off the other guy's light saber? Then it would be a fight to see who can get it up and keep it up????

Garry N

This. Force could have been used to do so many things...

Am I the only one that wonders....why don't they use the Force to turn off the other guy's light saber? Then it would be a fight to see who can get it up and keep it up????

Garry N

They take little blue pills to help combat that. :roflol:

It was entertaining but I really was hoping for more character depth.

And who the hell did the casting for Kylo Ren? Fire that person!

• 4 weeks later...