Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore results incomplete

SkyRock

We're using Practiscore for our indoor winter league (not USPSA affiliated, but we use USPSA rules) in preperation for the upcoming summer matches. Hopefully, we'll look what we're doing, even if it ain't so.

The problem I've got is collecting the match results. It seems that the shooters' target hits are missing. Is there any way to get the match results that include target hits?

Thanks.

i wonder if the report you want is the "Detailed Review"

View Results -> Select the Stage in Stage Results -> Detailed Review.

That is on the IOS version

I'm using Samsung Galaxy Tab4s. "Detailed Review" isn't an option.

But, even if it was, that doesn't tell me how to get the match results FROM the tablet TO my PC in a format that I can handle (.TXT, .CSV, or ???). I can get the results in a .PSC file, but since I can't open or use that format, it may as well be Sanskrit.

The EZWinScore Sync options under View Results will give you registration and score info in CSV format

Hmmm... So maybe I should get EZWinScore, export the match from Practiscore to it, then get the data I want from EZW?

Not sure what reports EZWinScore would give you, I've never used it.

Not sure what reports EZWinScore would give you, I've never used it.

Nor have I. We had a scorekeeper for our summer leage last year that used EZWinScore. He would do the scoring, send the results to USPSA, and send me the results that included the shooters' hits (or misses) and penalties. I reformatted that to send to the shooters in a single text file. I would also extract the data needed for season scoring.

I've had two folks emailing me with suggestions. I don't know if they know each other, but I'd like to thank them, and those above that offered help.

FWIW, my comments and rants in no way are meant to belittle the work done by those involved in the development, support and maintenance of Practiscore. Many thanks, and my hat's off to you!

Meanwhile, in spite of my whining we're getting close...

I owe everyone an appology!

It seems that my memory is really getting flaky. EzWinScore did not give me the data I was looking for. It was my scoring spreadsheets that did! And Practiscore gives me the same data that EZW did.

I still would like to get the shooters' hit and penalty data (the Practiscore review files from iOS has that data, but I don't have access to iOS), so the quest continues...

[Getting old ain't for sissys. And for those that know me, no comment about "Murphy's Law!" ]

Edited by SkyRock

SkyRock, you haven't answered what you need these hits data for?

PS: The EZWS scores verification reports does have hits info. But for PractiScore there is a very little need for a verification report, because scores already entered electronically.

SkyRock, you haven't answered what you need these hits data for?

PS: The EZWS scores verification reports does have hits info. But for PractiScore there is a very little need for a verification report, because scores already entered electronically.

Sorry.

I need it for two reasons. I email the results of each match to all participants in the form of a single text file. It's similar to the results display in Practiscore. I also extract the shooters' name, USPSA info, Division, Power Factor and Match Percent values which I use to calculate the season scoring.

I can get all I need from the .ZIP match results file from Practiscore, except the shooters' A, B, C, D hits, misses, no-shoot hits, and Virginia count penalties that I need for the match results text file. That's what I'm asking for. If I had access to an iOS system(?), I could get it from the stage results files. But I don't.

The quest continues...

SkyRock, unfortunately given that you're the only one to ask for such report in last couple years, I won't be able to give it a priority and I only have so much time to spare to work on PractiScore app for Android.

Anyhow, if you can't live without these values, your best bet is to export from PractiScore into EZWinScore and generate these verification reports from there. Though for your shooters it is probably just easier to look at the match results posted to the practiscore.com web site.

SkyRock, unfortunately given that you're the only one to ask for such report in last couple years, I won't be able to give it a priority and I only have so much time to spare to work on PractiScore app for Android.

Anyhow, if you can't live without these values, your best bet is to export from PractiScore into EZWinScore and generate these verification reports from there. Though for your shooters it is probably just easier to look at the match results posted to the practiscore.com web site.

I understand, and appreciate your responses. Please, keep me in mind if in the future you're looking for something to do. ;)

I may try using EZWinScore to get the data. Being retired has it's advantages!