Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wet tumbling VS vibratory brass cleaning?

bzt

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FART is fine but there is always media clean-up issue.  I Wet tumble w/o pins and use lemi shine, vinegar, and dish soap and comes out plenty clean.  I rinse twice and tumble in hot water for 15 min to remove all residue.

Wet for me, dawn, lemi-shine and some liquid car wax, no pins.  I realize the inside of the case and primer pockets would come out better with pins, but I like the simplicity.

Going to try replacing the dawn with car wash/wax to see how it turns out--worse case I re-tumble

Brass_zpsqvaqgp6h.jpg

I read on one of the ss pin supplier's website, can't remember which one, they recommended when the pins turn dark, to run them using Simple Green. It worked great, so I ran a batch of brass using water and Simple Green. I have a water softener. I have a gallon jug from Costco on hand.  It worked better than my usual Dawn and water formula. I haven't tried the Armor All yet, but plan to. I lube my brass before loading anyway. Perhaps the Wash and Wax would make that unnecessary.  

On 1/23/2017 at 9:02 PM, alotur said:

How did wax & shine work?

Current process works great with a wash-and-wax + citric acid mix, 2 x 20 minute sessions, no media.

I burned up 2 Haror Freight cement mixers though and replaced it with a 'real' cement mixer that is much more satisfactory.  If you go Hrbor Fright then be sure to get the extended warranty - you will need it to get your $ back.