Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any good reloading apps available?

pmd

So I have piles and piles of paper with reloading loading data.

I have several Excel Spreadsheets that I've used in the past - but nothing that organizes it the way I want.

Looking up old data has been a chore.

Are there any iPhone or iPad Reloading Data apps out there that works well?

If you write apps and want a project let me know :-)

Thanks in advance.

It isn't really a reloading app, but I use "Chrono Log" by On-Core Software. It is more of a Chrono log (thus the name), but you can keep all of your load data in it and it keeps databases of powders, bullets, etc. When you enter you chrono data it automatically calculates if it meets minor or major, figured out standard dev, average velocity. When you want to find load data or chrono data it is organized by caliber and gun and has a search feature. It is manual entry of the data, but I just jot it down as a do my chrono runs and then enter into the app later. I have seen a few other apps in the App Store when I search for "reloading data", but have never tried them since Chrono Log does what I need.

I work in the publishing world and work with a few iOS developers. If you don't find what you need Paul send me PM and maybe I can get someone to come up with something.

Edited by scottlep

Trying to stay away from the Excel route. Looking for something idiot proof that easy to use and keeps a database of what I've loaded and for which pistols.

Scott I may shoot you a message...and that Chronograph Log looks like it has potential - I'll try that one for starters..

Thanks for everyones input..

Edited by pmd

Gun Log can save ammo info including hand load data, if you want an App. Personally I use OneNote. Runs and syncs across all Windows and iOS platforms.

So I'll usually work up some recipes w QuickLoad on my Laptop, use my iPad to gather die information while loading, then record results on my tablet (or my iPhone). Then next time I'm reloading I can pull out my phone to set my powder and seating dies.

Some screen shots;

092b5925186f712a6a23caa4715bcbfc.jpg

1fc5cafafc8d693285049881b4680f5c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Gun Log can save ammo info including hand load data, if you want an App. Personally I use OneNote. Runs and syncs across all Windows and iOS platforms.

So I'll usually work up some recipes w QuickLoad on my Laptop, use my iPad to gather die information while loading, then record results on my tablet (or my iPhone). Then next time I'm reloading I can pull out my phone to set my powder and seating dies.

Some screen shots;092b5925186f712a6a23caa4715bcbfc.jpg1fc5cafafc8d693285049881b4680f5c.jpg

Thanks peterthefish I may actually have to try one note that looks pretty cool

I've been using Chrono Log for a couple weeks.

I like the ease of use but I don't like how the log organizes or how the reports are exported.

I just put excel on my iPhone and iPad and will use Drop box or my Cloud to sync.

I played around with OneNote but I think I am going to stick with my Excel sheets and just keep them in my DropBox so they sync up. I like that I have it setup to count total rounds I have made for a particular load and it calculates costs for me and some day when I chrono I will track those results as well.