Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new old guy

chuckpetree

Hi new old guy here. Shot action pistol, ipsc, steel, and ppc in the day. Have been out of the competition arena for almost 20 years. Seems other things got in the way. Now starting the shooting sport again for competitions. Like the competition. Sure I won't be much for a while but looking to do the Flagler cup this year and possibly Bianchi. Funny thing the club hosting Flagler was my old gun club when I lived in Missouri. Well that's my story. Hope to get some pointers from some gunners on here. Oh ya used to manage Arms mart gun store in Independence, Mo. as well. Have a great day guys.

I believe I used to work with Dave. He used to practice with Chuck Thomey all the time if that is the Dave I am thinking of. I am now in Northern Illinois. Not much ppc or NRA action here.

Edited by chuckpetree

Welcome back, Chuck. I too got back into competition shooting after a 20+ year break. I also shot PPC and AP way back when and due to personal issues, gave it up. I kept all my guns and equipment "just in case". In the summer of 2014, an old friend talked me into shooting AP again and I found myself mentally ready to go. On the way home from that first AP match in more than 20 years, I knew I was hooked again and made the commitment to go to Bianchi. I went this year and had a great time! I assume you shoot a revolver because of your other post about a shooting box? I was a little shocked at the number of revolver shooters at Bianchi this year. There was only 35 of us. And to answer your question about the shooting box, I still had all my old stuff but quickly upgraded to a Range Ready Bag by 511. It has more compartments than you will use and also the removable smaller bag in the center is perfect for taking down range. It also has a brass bag that is very handy. I took the handle off of my loading block and store it in my bag. I had 4 Comp III speedloaders and bought 6 more so I have enough for each stage and a couple of spares if I fumble a reload. I'll reload off the block between stages. I don't know whether it's my age, or life experience, or both, but I don't get nearly as wound up before a match now as I did in the past. I find myself having fun now and hope you do too! Good luck!

Thanks bagger joe. I am sure I will have a blast. I am actually having a blast just getting ready. I will check out the bag you mentioned. Hope all is going well in your preparation as well.

Tool guy any idea if Mr. Dave is shooting this year? Would be great to see him at the Flagler or Bianchi.

• 1 month later...

Thanks All looks like I will be shooting again. Might be next year before I make Bianchi. Have wrist surgery in a few days and then 8 weeks off work. Pretty sure they would not like me taking off for Bianchi after that. Hopefully all will be healed by then though. I appreciate all the help from everyone on the site with my questions.