Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problems with 929s continue ?

IowaNewbie

3 minutes ago, Jamese35 said:

I agree with you, but I don't think it will happen. As far as I feel ruger has their head in their #@$ and have to put a warning or a safty on everything. And they need to get in to the compition market.

3 minutes ago, Jamese35 said:

I agree with you, but I don't think it will happen. As far as I feel ruger has their head in their #@$ and have to put a warning or a safty on everything. And they need to get in to the compition market.

I think that being the have started a new competition team, and they have a couple of good revolver shooters, that we may see some great guns for competition coming out of their shop.

On 9/11/2018 at 8:38 PM, Mikey212 said:

Yeah, because I'm in Canada, the gun can't go across the border to S&W.  But, the dealer will handle the warranty issues for me.  I haven't even fired it yet and it's within their 7 day return period with no questions asked.  

I was more wondering about why those sights are jacked over all the way to the left and what problem that is indicating in the gun.  Also, the .010 cylinder to barrel gap seems like alot?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/12/2018 at 8:47 PM, Alaskan454 said:

True, if Ruger starts selling an 8 shot SRH in 9mm I will buy one.

In one the recent ShootingUSA shows where they showed a steel challenge match, I did see Dave Olhasso shoot, what looked like to me an 8shot "franken-Ruger". I think its the new SRH 8shot with a longer custom barrel. So, I'm hoping they come out with one for the general market.

I have a couple of screen grabs, but I don't know if it's ok to post here.

I think he has a guy that cuts down the cylinder to lighten it. That's why it looks weird.

He built a gun for his James McGinty and did the cylinder like that.  That was a real frankengun!

The pics I saw of David's have that done to it.

On 9/12/2018 at 1:01 PM, Mikey212 said:

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing.  I am currently waiting on a response from their warranty department...  I just refuse to pay another $1000 to have the gun fixed up to what it should have been out of the box.  I'll insist they either just refund my money or take it back and re-index the barrel, and have that gap fixed.  I'm not opposed to getting guns tweaked at a gunsmith, I currently have my 44 mag mare's leg in getting slicked up and a picatinny rail installed for my RMR.  However, it boggles my mind that an expensive S&W from the "Performance Center" would be let out the door with this kind of shoddy quality control.  This is the first S&W I have bought, and I have to say it will likely be the last after taking this chance and losing.

Thanks again for the advice.

What ever came of the 929?

3 hours ago, Alaskan454 said:

I'm happy to report that my second 929 shoots just fine with standard .355 bullets. Put a few hundred rounds through it this morning.  S&W did leave quite a bit of crap in the action though.   Will need to blow that out when I do the action work.

My first 929 had glass bead media inside when I pulled the side plate. New break in method. ?

On 9/19/2018 at 4:13 PM, revoman said:

What ever came of the 929?

I returned it to the dealer for a full refund.  Once the 50 moonclips I bought on Amazon show up, I'll return those too.  I bought a Ruger Blackhawk 9mm/357 for now to scratch the itch.  But I'm not sure yet what I will do in the future in order to shoot some amateur steel challenge with a revolver.  Maybe a 986 or 929 again if I can inspect it before buying...  Maybe a Chiappa Rhino...