Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Jesse Tischauser

2016 Benelli Generation III Gun Championship presented by MGM Targets

Reservations made as well. All I had to do was mention the date and she knew exactly why I was calling. Excellent customer service!

Reservations made as well. All I had to do was mention the date and she knew exactly why I was calling. Excellent customer service!

Me too. Mentioned the date and she said "Oh for the Generation X group?" :D

19 rooms left in the match hotel as of this posting.. Overflow accommodations will be announced when we fill up the match hotel.

4 rooms left in the match hotel as of this posting.

We will announce overflow when full.

I am a new shooter to this match. Are the stages and match layout close to parking?

My question specifically is, can we carry gear and "shoot out of the truck" or is a range cart preferred? I had planned on carrying guns, ammo, coolers etc. in the truck and driving close to each stage. That may not be an option.

Any input from match directors or previous competitors is appreciated.

You can drive to within a few yards of every stage.  A small range bag might be all that you need, with just the supplies for that stage, that and your long guns, that is...  :D 

However, there is a caviat - if you drive a low slung vehicle, you may want to hook up with a squad mate with a truck.  If it is dry, a normal car can do ok with careful driving (or the rental insurance signed).  If it rains much and is wet, parts of the range become more of an adventure to traverse.

Edited by barrysuperhawk

Four wheel drive is a bonus. Several were stuck last year. Match is getting close!! Can't wait! 

Sounds like I might need to bring a 4wheeler with my 2 wheel drive pu.

57 minutes ago, kellymc said:

Sounds like I might need to bring a 4wheeler with my 2 wheel drive pu.

The roads have been improved some from last year.  The mud hole on the ridge has been rocked but a 4 wheeler would be a good idea if it gets wet.  

REGISTRATION WILL BE HELD AT THE RANGE: Thursday 1-5 PM and Friday 6:30 AM until 11:45 AM.   RO's, For those of you who are shooting on Thursday,I will hold your registration on Wed from 1-5 PM.  See you on the range!

Ladies and Gentlemen: For the morning squads, the Shooter's Meeting will begin at 7:00 am at the Stats Shack. For the afternoon squads, the Shooter's Meeting will begin at 12:00 pm

1 hour ago, Ms. Kitty said:

Ladies and Gentlemen: For the morning squads, the Shooter's Meeting will begin at 7:00 am at the Stats Shack. For the afternoon squads, the Shooter's Meeting will begin at 12:00 pm

I've probably missed it somewhere, but which squads are AM and which are PM?

7 hours ago, davehorn said:

I've probably missed it somewhere, but which squads are AM and which are PM?

Fri--1-8 AM, 9-16 PM

SAT--9-16 AM, 1-8 PM

Edited by jeffhughes

Will be packing this weekend- round counts, slings for sg, rifle or both?  Thanks

9 hours ago, sjs said:

Will be packing this weekend- round counts, slings for sg, rifle or both?  Thanks

From the Generation III Facebook page on Aug. 29:

Here you go folks. Round count is as follows:

72 rifle, 75 pistol, 65 shot, 3 00buck, 8 slugs, 38 choice of pistol/shot, 10 choice of pistol/rifle, 8 choice of pistol/rifle/shot. You will need a sling for your rifle. Furthest shot is 375 this year.