2016 Benelli Generation III Gun Championship presented by MGM Targets

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am a new shooter to this match. Are the stages and match layout close to parking?

My question specifically is, can we carry gear and "shoot out of the truck" or is a range cart preferred? I had planned on carrying guns, ammo, coolers etc. in the truck and driving close to each stage. That may not be an option.

Any input from match directors or previous competitors is appreciated.

You can drive to within a few yards of every stage.  A small range bag might be all that you need, with just the supplies for that stage, that and your long guns, that is...  :D 

However, there is a caviat - if you drive a low slung vehicle, you may want to hook up with a squad mate with a truck.  If it is dry, a normal car can do ok with careful driving (or the rental insurance signed).  If it rains much and is wet, parts of the range become more of an adventure to traverse.

Edited by barrysuperhawk

57 minutes ago, kellymc said:

Sounds like I might need to bring a 4wheeler with my 2 wheel drive pu.

The roads have been improved some from last year.  The mud hole on the ridge has been rocked but a 4 wheeler would be a good idea if it gets wet.  

REGISTRATION WILL BE HELD AT THE RANGE: Thursday 1-5 PM and Friday 6:30 AM until 11:45 AM.   RO's, For those of you who are shooting on Thursday,I will hold your registration on Wed from 1-5 PM.  See you on the range!

1 hour ago, Ms. Kitty said:

Ladies and Gentlemen: For the morning squads, the Shooter's Meeting will begin at 7:00 am at the Stats Shack. For the afternoon squads, the Shooter's Meeting will begin at 12:00 pm

I've probably missed it somewhere, but which squads are AM and which are PM?

9 hours ago, sjs said:

Will be packing this weekend- round counts, slings for sg, rifle or both?  Thanks

From the Generation III Facebook page on Aug. 29:

Here you go folks. Round count is as follows:

72 rifle, 75 pistol, 65 shot, 3 00buck, 8 slugs, 38 choice of pistol/shot, 10 choice of pistol/rifle, 8 choice of pistol/rifle/shot. You will need a sling for your rifle. Furthest shot is 375 this year.