Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooters Source Shotgun Challenge 2016

• 3 weeks later...
OK gang, the work load is starting to let up a little and we finally got the match entry squared away on Practiscore.

Thank you Jeremy Moore from Shooters Source​ for helping with the technical details.

If you have tried to sign up previously and your payment didn't process, you will need to sign up again.

10 Stages in one day format. 180 Bird, 20 slugs and 20 Buckshot. June 4th at Pikes Peak Gun Club. There are 15 reserved sponsor slots, 1 slot raffled off last year, leaving 84 paid competitor slots.

This year is a tribute to the men and women in blue. If you are an active LEO (corrections officers included), your match is free and thank you for your service. You must go through the regular registration and payment process to reserve a slot. Your payment will be refunded once your credentials have been received.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear Shotgun Challenge Entrants,

When we set the date for this year’s Shotgun Challenge we chose a date which appeared to be open in the national schedule. Since that time, several other major matches scheduled events for the same weekend. With so many excellent events to choose from (that’s a good thing) that people don’t want to miss out on, our humble event has a thin roster. Thin enough that the match simply is not financially feasible. After a long discussion with our title sponsor, it is with our deepest regret and disappointment that we must cancel this year’s shotgun challenge.

When we started this match it was with the intention of improving the exposure of competitive shooting sports near our fair town. Since that time two already, very successful 3 gun matches have sprung up within an hour of Colorado Springs. Attendance at the local UPSA, IDPA and Steel challenge matches are way up and the SoCo match sells out every month. So we consider the match to be a big success. We just chose a bad weekend this year.

All paid entries have already been refunded. Please let me know if you experience any difficulties. I sincerely apologize. Next time we will try to pick a better date.

Michael Payne

Match Director

This is one of the matches I was most looking forward to this year. The stages are always good, and I personally like burning through 10 of them in 1 day without a lot of sitting around in between. Hopefully it works out next year!

• 1 month later...

I really hope that everything works out to be held again for 2017, the 2015 match was a great time, even though my performance was less than ideal. I was not going to be able to make this match this year anyway, so I hope to be there again next year.