Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1-8x Scopes?

bigkyle72

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its easy for me because 1.5 mill is 300 yards and 2.5 is 400. .5 is 200. Its the same for my .308. Another trick a friend taught me is to dial up .5 mills and then its pretty simple 200 is dead on. 300 is 1 mill and 400 is 2 mills.

Pat

Received my pa 1-8 today. Initial observations without having much time behind it I like it a lot.

Build quality feels great and nice finish

Nice flat image dedinitely true 1x. Has a touch of barrel distortion but less than most

Glass is clear edge to edge and as good as anything I've looked through without seeing another side by side.

I got the mil reticle and think they nailed it. Perfect size to be seen at 1x and not too thick at 8x.

Illumination is good seems plenty bright but it has been an overcast day. At 8x the outer horseshoe being illuminated is just a distraction would be nice if they added the feature of the Weaver dfp where part of drops out when turning the magnification ring. Not sure if that's possible with ffp though. There is a little bit of bleed on to the mil marks w

On the higher settings and very little around the tube.

Turret clicks feel great very positive, tactile and the marks line up. The locking mechanism I don't love the first time I lifted each one they both seemed air tight felt nice and went back down with a little effort and a light click. After going up and down a few times they lost that feeling and the elevation drops on its own slowly now. Not a huge deal but I much preferred the original feeling.

Edited by Garmil