Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
david8989

What powder to use with 115gr acme bullets

Going to be purchasing 9mm 115gr RN coated acme bullets for the first time and I was curious what powder yall have been using for them? I've been using CFE pistol on plated projo's for a while but I'm trying to get my cost per round down. Suggestions?

The cost of powder is The Least Important of all the components.

Tough to save any significant amount by changing powders.

Get the best powder you like - it won't cost much more/box. :cheers:

Edited by Hi-Power Jack

Unless you are trying to make major PF titegroup works well with pretty much all things 9mm, is cheap, usually available, and uses low charge weights. It easily down loads for super bunny fart loads but works well for decent velocity too. As a bonus, I usually get good accuracy with light loads as well as higher power loads.

I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear. I'm switching bullets to save the money. Just looking for powder suggestions. Thanks

Another vote for Titegroup. Cheap, usually available, works well with low charge weights. I use it in several calibers, Titegroup is pretty much my go to pistol powder.

Sounds like titegroup is the consensus of the group. I will pick some up and give it a shot. Gonna try the CFE pistol as well to compare, love the way it meters through my 550B

I did buy several pounds of CFE Pistol during the shortage, it was all I could find locally. Worked up a pretty good 9mm Load with it, 125 gr. moly coated RN using 4.4 grains of CFE.