Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Compensator & Hodgdon Longshot

jrosario

So I'm running a Glock 35 with a threaded 40-9 conversion barrel, and I have a 4 port carver compensator on it. I also got lb of leftover longshot and want to load it up with my plated 124 round nose Bullets, any info from experience would help.

I was running 7.4 in some .357 sig rounds when I had my Glock 31 open gun. Gun ran super soft and very accurate. Load data: 7.4 grains Longshot,124 grain Xtreme fp, cci small pistol magnum primers @1.140 OAL. 167-169 PF depending on temperature and altitude.

Edited by MrPostman

I was running 7.4 in some .357 sig rounds when I had my Glock 31 open gun. Gun ran super soft and very accurate. Load data: 7.4 grains Longshot,124 grain Xtreme fp, cci small pistol magnum primers @1.140 OAL. 167-169 PF depending on temperature and altitude.

Any reason in particular you're using the small magnum primers?

They are a little harder than the small pistol primers so less cratering and chance of a pierced primer. A lot of folks use small rifle primers which are much harder but require a stronger main spring and possibly an extended firing pin for reliable ignition.

Been using Longshot in my 38 Super for a while and really like it. Very soft shooting and stable.

Wow. I thought I was the only one doing this. Everyone I know and everything I've read says small rifle primers.

Loaded up 75 rounds, 7.4gr of longshot, Oal 1.142, cci small primers, 124 round nose rmr bullets. It was one super soft round!!! Only issue was that I think the case length was a bit too long. I'm running a lone wolf conversion 40-9 barrel and think an Oal of 1.130 would be money in the bank. All I need now is some time to load up a few more and a chrono.