Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Freezing to Death In Sunny California

Thought everybody would want to laugh: out here in sunny, warm California where we just got done with a "summer" that lasted about seven months and broke all heat records...

we are now freezing to death. It was 45 degrees AT 6PM here ...... overnight lows will be low 30's and upper 20's.

BTW, a "normal" winter day for us (yes I know, winter is still a month away) was a daytime high of low 60's and overnight lows in mid 40's.

We don't get any normal weather any more... it's all "ten over" or "ten under"..... or maybe 20 under in this case.

Getting Ready for the House Races. :devil:

we started the day at 31* this morning and topped out at 51* with a real feel of 39* due to a 20 mph North Wind :surprise: . And everyone says that California is warm and sunny. :goof:

We have now broken the old - all time - record of annual rainfall by about 3". It's still raining now and it isn't even December yet. And the temperature has dropped about 20 degrees over the same time yesterday. However, no one ever said the Texas weather remained constant !!! :roflol:

No kidding, 39F this morning. Hand warmer time for the match today.

Be careful with slide lube. I had my 9mm start short stroking and feed jamming when our range temp got down into the 40's before. I typically use a blend of FP-10 and Slide Glide but when it's that cold, grease will drag too much.

When I got up this morning, the temperature at my old house was -1* in Alturas. Going to light off the heater in the garage and work on some reloading today. Too cold to go hunt or shoot trap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No kidding, 39F this morning. Hand warmer time for the match today.

Be careful with slide lube. I had my 9mm start short stroking and feed jamming when our range temp got down into the 40's before. I typically use a blend of FP-10 and Slide Glide but when it's that cold, grease will drag too much.

I shoot Glocks and lube them with Kellube M12, however they could run just as easy on salad oil. 1911 guys seem to have issues and to change from slide goop to WD40... Now here is the hot tip, my new Kozy hand warmer. So much better than the lighter fluid ones. Comes on in just a few seconds and has a great thermal mass, doesn't cool down like the lighter fluid ones. About $50 at amazon. Even though they run on 3 lithium ion batteries, they were not made by Boeing.....

http://www.kustom-ballistics.com/products.php

41obvKhFEiL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

Edited by 9x45