Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The definitive 8.5# hammer spring thread

TJART

[quote name="rowdyb" post="2508709" timestamp="1449027520

with the 8.5 only federals were reliable enough to shoot at a match. would light off 90-95% of winchester or cci.

with 11.5 would light off anything. tula, any store bought ammo, any primer i used, no worries about depth or anything.

with 13 i wouldn't even think about it. total non issue.

These are exactly my experience

Edited by cnote

I have a fairly new CZ SPO1 Accu Shadow. Does anyone know which weight hammer spring is in the gun from CZC?

No light hits as best I can remember so far.

13# if no one has changed it

Edited by rowdyb

SP-01 Custom 2014 And Accu Shadow lite 8.5# Main Federals 100% Winchester 80-90 % with a 11# all primers set off. Also have CGW Reduced power Fire Pin Spring for Shadows.Have to use Shadow RPFS since CGW RP-FS is shorter and does not hold FP retainer with enough tension.Also using CZ Custom Extended FP.

Update. This afternoon I shot over 200 rounds with Win primers in my Accu-Shadow (ext firing pin, reduced FPS, 8.5 lb main). Not one failure. Interesting. Fed primers are scarce around here. But boxes of Win primers are plentiful. That's good news for me, at least for live-fire practice. I don't think I'll risk it in matches.

Update. This afternoon I shot over 200 rounds with Win primers in my Accu-Shadow (ext firing pin, reduced FPS, 8.5 lb main). Not one failure. Interesting. Fed primers are scarce around here. But boxes of Win primers are plentiful. That's good news for me, at least for live-fire practice. I don't think I'll risk it in matches.

How many shots were double action ?

How many shots were double action ?

Yeah, good question. Interestingly enough, much more than half. I was practicing drawing most of the day on a static steel plate.

I'll add on my failures, I dropped mag, put the round back in, and tried to DA the round. Still no good, and this is with all the FTF using the 8.5.

I'm using the 13 now, I'll have to get my 11 back from my buddy and see what happens. But for some reason, even with fed ammo, my 8.5 won't light even 50% off. And I have everything under the sun, including polishing done to my smoke wagon.

• 3 years later...