Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wolf Ammo

I've yet to purchase a reloader, and am still searching for cheap bulk .45 ACP ammo for my Ruger P90. Cabelas has the cheapest Wolf ammo I've found (yet to find any substantially better deals on cheaperthandirt, etc.). Wal-Mart gets me for about $20/100 for Winchester... How does this Wolf stuff shoot?? Anygood??

There is a ton of info on Wolff out there. I'd summarize the upshot as this: commie ammo goes in commie guns (or maybe a rented gun) it ain't going in mine.

The famous melting lacquer/siezed case/ sheared extractor tip has probably crapped out more guns than Sarah Brady. They claim the new coating doesn't melt (?) Bottom line, the steel case has different expansion/contraction rates than brass which will affect the unlock cycle of the gun (and may sieze a case in a really tight barrel). Commie guns are intentionally made loose to handle this.

Gun Tests has documented some new guns that choke on steel but shoot anything in brass because of the affect on cycling.

It is a fact that pulling on a steel rim of a case that is in tighter compared to pulling on brass will wear the extractor out faster. Siome have claimed they would rather save the money on ammo and replace extractors. I stick with cheap brass ammo like S+B or Winchester.