Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• 4 weeks later...

What's the weather like during that time of year? Since I can't get in the match in March, I might as well try to find one I have never been to. Plus my wife said she would be interested in seeing WI.

What's the weather like during that time of year? Since I can't get in the match in March, I might as well try to find one I have never been to. Plus my wife said she would be interested in seeing WI.

85-95*, humid, chance of rain☀️☔️

85-95*, humid, chance of rain☀️☔️

Sounds like I'll feel right at home. Might try to make this one.

• 2 weeks later...

2016 USPSA Area 5 Championship

2016 USPSA Area 5 Championship will be hosted at Winnequah Gun Club on August 18th-21st in Lodi, Wisconsin.

We anticipate the format of the match to be very similar to last year’s. Currently the plan is to have 13 - 14 stages. The match is scheduled for two and a half days shot in either a one day or two-half day formats. There will be approximately 360 total slots available. We do anticipate once again to have a low light stage; however, we will design the stage to address some of the suggestions for improvement from some of the past competitors.

New for this year will be larger cash payouts. Not less than $10 per paid competitor will be added to the awards budgets. We will provide updates as to how the payouts will be distributed as we get closer to the match.

Registration - Applications can be downloaded from http://wisconsinshooters.com/joomla16/index.php/uspsa/area-5-championship. Match Shirts can be ordered at the time of registration ($25). Squadding will open on or before May 15th.

Airports –

Dane County Regional Airport (MSN) in Madison is the closest available airports for commercial flights. The airport is approximately 25 miles (40 minutes) from the range.

General Mitchel International Airport (MKE) in Milwaukee is approximately 105 miles (1 hour 50 minutes) from the range.

Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) in Chicago, IL is approximately 160 miles (3 hours) from the range.

Middleton Municipal Airport - Morey Field (C29) in Middleton, WI is the closest full service general aviation airport. Morey Field is approximately 20 miles (30 minutes) from the range.

Things to do in the Area – When making lodging arrangements in the area you may want to consider making this a family outing. The area has a number of State Parks and the Wisconsin Dells (aka the Dells) is one of the most popular tourist locations in Wisconsin claiming to be the “Waterpark Capital of the World.” The center of the Dells is approximate 35 miles (40 minutes) from the range. Information about the attractions in the Wisconsin Dells is available at: http://www.wisdells.com/wisconsin-dells.htm. This is one of the last weekends before school resumes so it may be a great time to have the family come along for some fun.

Lodging – Madison area has numerous lodging options, the east side of Madison is approximately 25 miles from the range and the Wisconsin Dells is approximately 35 miles from the range. For our competitor’s convenience, we are currently negotiating rates with several hotels in the area and we will provide details in an upcoming update.

Camping – We have several camping sites available on the range. If you are interested in camping please send me an email and I will get you the information.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via email at any time.

Cordially,

Dan Pawlak

Match Director

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

The 2016 Area 5 championship will be held at Winnequah Gun Club in Lodi WI again this year, August 18-21. We were very pleased with the staff performance last year and would like to have as many of you as possible back for this year.

The following conditions will apply.

Staff working all days of the match will shoot the match for no fee; staff working less then the full match will pay a prorated match fee; room will be covered at half double occupancy and lunch will be served for all work days including staff shoot day. Hotel information will be forwarded at a later date. There will be at least one staff shirt provided.

We anticipate being fully staffed fairly quickly so please get your applications in as soon as you can.

Hope to see you there,

Tom/Dan

We would like to Welcome and thank Vortex Optics as the match sponsor for 2016. We are starting to get a few apps in and sponsors so get your application in early and don't wait till the last minute.

Download applications: http://wisconsinshooters.com/joomla16/index.php/uspsa/area-5-championship

Edited by jrb06

• 2 weeks later...

2016 USPSA Area 5 Championship – Update 2/7/16

2016 USPSA Area 5 Championship will be hosted at Winnequah Gun Club on August 17th-21st in Lodi, Wisconsin. Notice that the date has changed from starting on the 18th to starting on the 17th. The 17th is open to staff only and was changed to provide the option for the staff can shoot the match over two days similar to competitors. The range will be open to competitors while the staff is competing on the 17th.

The match is scheduled for competitors to be shot in either a one day (Friday of Saturday)or two-half day formats (Saturday & Sunday AM). There will be approximately 360 total slots available, at this time there are about 125 slots taken including staff.

Fourteen stages have been submitted to USPSA for approval. Once again the match has a low light stage; however, the stage to address some of the suggestions for improvement made by the 2015 competitors.

New for this year will be larger cash payouts. Not less than $10 per paid competitor will be added to the awards budgets. We will provide updates as to how the payouts will be distributed as we get closer to the match.

Registration – Staff and Competitor Applications can be downloaded from http://wisconsinshooters.com/joomla16/index.php/uspsa/area-5-championship or http://winnequahgunclub.org/programs/uspsa/area-5/

Match Shirts can be ordered at the time of registration ($25).

Squadding - will open SOON. We will be using Practiscore for squadding this year so check your email for an email from “no-reply” with [Practiscore] in the subject. We will allow competitors to squad in order that the applications are received so register early to get your preference in squads.

Airports

Dane County Regional Airport (MSN) in Madison is the closest available airports for commercial flights. The airport is approximately 25 miles (40 minutes) from the range.

General Mitchel International Airport (MKE) in Milwaukee is approximately 105 miles (1 hour 50 minutes) from the range.

Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) in Chicago, IL is approximately 160 miles (3 hours) from the range.

Middleton Municipal Airport - Morey Field (C29) in Middleton, WI is the closest full service general aviation airport. Morey Field is approximately 20 miles (30 minutes) from the range.

Things to do in the Area – When making lodging arrangements in the area you may want to consider making this a family outing. The area has a number of State Parks and the Wisconsin Dells (aka the Dells) is one of the most popular tourist locations in Wisconsin claiming to be the “Waterpark Capital of the World.” The center of the Dells is approximate 35 miles (40 minutes) from the range. Information about the attractions in the Wisconsin Dells is available at: http://www.wisdells.com/wisconsin-dells.htm. This is one of the last weekends before school resumes so it may be a great time to have the family come along for some fun.

Lodging for 2016 Area 5 Championship

Madison area has numerous lodging options, the east side of Madison is approximately 25 miles from the range and the Wisconsin Dells is approximately 35 miles from the range. For our competitor’s convenience, we have negotiated rates for August 17th, 18th, 19th, and 20th, 2015 at the following locations.

Quality Inn – Lodi, WI (10 Minutes from Range)

W9250 Prospect Drive, Lodi, WI, 53555, US

Phone: (608) 592-1450

1 or 2 Queen - $83.49 + tax

1 King Bed - $83.49 + tax

Group Rate Code: USPSA

Website: http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-lodi-wisconsin-WI239

Days Inn – Portage, WI (14 Minutes from Range)

N5781 Kinney Rd, I-90/94/39 - Exit 108 A, Portage, WI 53901

Phone: (608) 742-1554

1 Queen Bed - $69.99+ tax

1 King Bed - $89.99+ tax

2 Queen Beds or 2 Double Beds- $89.99+ tax

2 Room Suite - $119.99+ tax

Comfort Suites – Portage, WI (14 Minutes from Range)

N 5780 Kinney Rd, Portage, WI, 53901, US

Phone: (608) 745-4717

2 Queen Bed Suite - $99 + tax (Wednesday/Thursday) – $144 + tax (Friday/Saturday)

Website: http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-portage-wisconsin-WI063?source=pmfgocsl&brand-code=CS&pmf=google&k_clickid=2b637e14-bf1f-6809-e22b-000035c73a02&chain=CS

Quality Inn – Wisconsin Dells, WI (33 Minutes from Range)

703 North Frontage Road, Wisconsin Dells, WI, 53965, US

Phone: (608) 253-3711

1 King Bed or 1 Queen Bed - $104.99 + tax

2 Queen Beds - $104.99 + tax

Website: https://www.choicehotels.com/wisconsin/wisconsin-dells/quality-inn-hotels/wi410

Camping – We have several camping sites available on the range. If you are interested in camping please send me an email and I will get you the information.