Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

belts

CrashDodson

I was looking over the rulebook again and there is nothing I can find in the book that says you can not use a inside/outside belt. Just that the holster has to pass the dowl test.

I am trying to lmit the amount of gear changes I have for idpa/uspsa/3gun.

Has anyone tested a safariland els type belt with a holster for IDPA that would pass the dowl test? I shoot the same gun in idpa and 3 gun and dont want 3 damn rigs. Will the ELS I could just pull off what I dont need for idpa.

No, unless your outer belt will also pass through pant loops. I know DAA belt won't.

8.4 Belts

Belts may be no wider than 1 ¾ inches (44.5 mm) or thicker than 5/16 inches (7.9 mm) and must pass through a minimum of all but two of the pant loops.

No, unless your outer belt will also pass through pant loops. I know DAA belt won't.

8.4 Belts

Belts may be no wider than 1 ¾ inches (44.5 mm) or thicker than 5/16 inches (7.9 mm) and must pass through a minimum of all but two of the pant loops.

I read right over the belt loop part. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

We just need someone to make tac pants with belt loops that fasten with velcro on one end so that you can put on your outer/inner belt combo and then loop your "Belt loops" down over the rig. They would work like keepers do on current belts. Make sure these pants also have pockets in the knee area for soft knee pads and you are all set.

#1 on the knee pad pockets, I wish my Blackhawk pants had them! As far as the belt loops are concerned, I think that after you solved the belt problem that there may be other issues with much USPSA/3-Gun legal gear that may run afoul of the IDPA rulebook. Like a D/O holster just to think of one example.

JD