Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.22 trainer

APL-G35

I would go with the upper that should give you a more realistic (similar) training to your full up AR. When I had a S&W M&P 22, I never got it to fee like my competition rifle. Sold it. But I have not been in that 22 AR market since I sold it.

The more you shoot the better you get. What's more fun than a 22 with a can? Get whatever tickles your fancy and have fun. I have a Nordic, but I know people with the SW's. If you can find rim fire ammo to shoot then you are ahead of the game.

Tac-Com or Nordic. I am really liking the new Nodic upper, and they are in stock. The lattest Nordic upper I have shoots around 1 M.O.A. and if you search around on the forums Jesse Tischausher has a discount code posted for them....just because he loves all you guys! :)

BTW you can configure both for any fore end you wish....all it takes is $$$$, they are stock type uppers anything will fit

Edited by kurtm

I've had the DPMS version of the Nordic (Gen 2?) .22 upper for a couple years now. I wouldn't have probably bought one, but I won it. I put a Burris Tac-30 on it and set it up like my .223 Tac Ops upper. It has been a great trainer. Being able to utilize the same stock, trigger and other lower accessories has a big advantage over something like the S&W. The only issue was with the lighter Timney trigger that was in the lower originally. There were a few light strikes to be had with that trigger.

Our local Multi-Gun has a Rimfire/Pistol Caiber division, so my wife has since claimed it as hers. She has a mil-spec trigger in her lower and hasn't had any light strikes. I don't think it has been cleaned in nearly 500 rounds, but it still runs great. Personally, I think it should be a trainer for cleaning your own gun, too.

:devil:

I would go with the upper that should give you a more realistic (similar) training to your full up AR. When I had a S&W M&P 22, I never got it to fee like my competition rifle. Sold it. But I have not been in that 22 AR market since I sold it.

To me this one feels just like my competition rifle in 22, I just put this scope on it today and had faster times on plate rack (5 plates the sixth one fell off 1.77best time I was very happy) with this scope than my trijicon mro… I kept asking myself is that possible.. YES I really like the Vortex HD JP 22-R

post-16211-0-37793800-1447888008_thumb.j

To me this one feels just like my competition rifle in 22, I just put this scope on it today and had faster times on plate rack (5 plates the sixth one fell off 1.77best time I was very happy) with this scope than my trijicon mro… I kept asking myself is that possible.. YES I really like the Vortex HD JP 22-R

Wow that's nice!

If I were doing a trainer for my 3gun I would get an upper.

But if I was actually doing competitions, I would use a S&W MP22. You can use AR stocks, grips and rails (with cheap adapter) and triggers.

They are far more reliable. I have had many people tell me their uppers were reliable, but I have seen so many choke (all different kinds) that I know it's generally not true for actual competition where one failed shot can take you from 1st to 20th. When you fire 200-300 rounds you can not have one bad hiccup every 40-50 shots.

The S&W's are just really good, imo.

If money's not an problem, a dedicated upper with handguards to match whatever you've got will allow you higher fidelity practice.

That said, as .22 rifles go by themselves, the M&Ps have cost, reliability, and weight advantages.

Edited by thermobollocks

To me this one feels just like my competition rifle in 22, I just put this scope on it today and had faster times on plate rack (5 plates the sixth one fell off 1.77best time I was very happy) with this scope than my trijicon mro I kept asking myself is that possible.. YES I really like the Vortex HD JP 22-R

Damn, Tom, that thing is awesome!