Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slow Motion Comp Testing

kneelingatlas

On February 26, 2016 at 4:19 PM, bigboy69 said:

Here is how I have mine. It does really change the feel of the recoil. I would love to see someone to do video testing with it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqogktvg80cyj5a/Pict2096.jpg?dl=0

That is a trick that BE shooters use to keep the gun in lock up a few milliseconds longer supposedly retarding / damping recoil and improving accuracy.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, igolfat8 said:

I'm no gunsmith but I'm pretty sure that the larger the radius the faster the barrel comes out of lock up.

Correct.  I've seen slides milled from right below the ejector notch at a 45 angle for steel guns...they really unlock fast.

• 2 weeks later...

If it's his usual load it's 9.2 gn of 3n38 with a 125gn HAP. 

For anyone interested the barrel is a trubor blank with the comp machined out similar to a trubor but with a bit more chamber volume. 3 barrel holes at 12 o'clock in a line. 

Looks pretty good. 

I shot my ck hardcore the other day. No vid yet but I was very surprised how flat it shot and how soft it was. I'm used to my sv which is very flat (2 large barrel holes and 3 chamber titan comp with 8oz slide) and was surprised the ck was so flat and soft given it's slide is ~10.5oz. The ck has a steel grip though which may be taming things a bit. Vid soon. 

Light, seems like your support hand is just along for the ride. Try gripping harder with left hand and getting more left hand in contact with the grip. Curl those left fingers more around your right hand. See if that helps tame the muzzle?

Lightfighter> your video's show tip up of the muzzle as the gas is exiting the comp. This is usually a sign of not enough gas. HS-6 is lower on the gas production scale verses AutoComp. Try some AutoComp to see if it produces enough gas to get the comp working like it should.

But CHRONO this time.  

My 9 major (5.5", 3 holes) does 173 pf with 8.0 HS6, and 178 pf with 8.2 (124 gr JHP), so 9.0 may have been way high, regardless what the primer looks like.

Edited by teros135