Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slow Motion Comp Testing

kneelingatlas

A spur of the moment cell phone video I shot yesterday of Jeff Gordon with his Bedell 9mm open pistol

May I ask how recent that Bedell build is? It looks like a newer comp design than the one I have.

I am not 100% sure of how old the build. Maybe Jeff (Sudden Death) will drop in an answer the question for you.

Cool. I like the look of the recoil signature on that thing and at 250 bucks/1000 for brass it's seriously time to consider having Dan rebuild my backup super to 9 major.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's brutal.

I have resisted 9 major up till now but having tried a few guns/loads and seen what you guys are achieving with it I'm willing to give it a shot. Sadly, if it works out well with the back-up gun I will also have to rebarrel the primary. Hmm, how much brass lost to justify the cost of the rebuild and rebarrel? Maybe I don't want to do the math.

$250/K? What kind of brass is this?

Starline Super Comp. In Canadian.

It's time to rebuild the top end anyway so might as well go 9mm.

Omg, that would have made my mind up for my original build. But eighter way, good luck.

Kincade Ross runs a 9mm LimCat, I shot one of Johnny's gun at the Open, very nice.

Shannon Smith shoots a 9mm as well from Millennium Customs, so they can be built to run and win. Cheers...

Edited by a matt

A spur of the moment cell phone video I shot yesterday of Jeff Gordon with his Bedell 9mm open pistol

May I ask how recent that Bedell build is? It looks like a newer comp design than the one I have.

The gun was built last June. Yes it's a new comp, he has been using them for a year now

The gun was built last June. Yes it's a new comp, he has been using them for a year now

Excellent, he must have started using these shortly after he built mine.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...