Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pat's comment on trigger springs?

Paul Sharp

Pat,

On one of the many threads about recoil springs out there, you posted that you had better luck by changing the trigger spring.  That started my thinking and I see the logic in this approach so I want to give it a try.  Is this something you would suggest in a carry weapon or is this something strictly for competition guns?

I am also hoping this will smooth out my P-226 DAO trigger pull, any chance of that happening through something this simple? :)

Its actually the hammer spring...I'm not sure if I may have said it wrong...Yes I think it has value on a carry gun..however consider liability and lawsuits before any modification of a carry gun. Second check reliability...if there is a chance that it won't light off a primer (not my experience) don't use it..but if it is reliable it can be an easy fix to tune the cycling of a 1911, helping to avoid hammer follow on a light 1911 trigger, and definitely make a da/sa or dao pistol easier to shoot..I know wolff offers spring kits for most da pistols I had one in the Berretta 92f i did my IPSC qual. course with...made it much easier and smoother.

Pat