Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ar-10 Iron Sights

Mig

My AR-10 is in need of iron sights but I having trouble finding anything other than the stock Armalite AR-10 sights. The AR-10 weaver-style gas block isn't on the same plane as the flattop recr. so using AR-15 sights won't work. I would like to get the longest possible sight radius and I'm looking for a clamp-on front sight that will work. Anyone have any recommendation?

I was able to make a JP clamp on front sight base work with a non-standard flat top rail on an AR I have because the front base is adjustable with shims. I had to deal with almost a quarter inch of offest and it worked fine. The only hassle was the need to remove the muzzle brake to slide the base over the barrel. It's a one piece design and uses three set screws on the bottom. I put mine right up against the muzzle brake for the increased sight radius. I will bet that JP Rifles can supply a base that will work for your AR-10.

Here is the JP page showing the clamp-on front sight block and some options for detachables:

http://www.jprifles.com/DetachableSights.shtml

The basic clamp-on sight block is the JPSB and it is available in three barrel diameters.

--

Regards,