Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3K

assaultthesalt

• 1 month later...

Why does the word 'cheap' when referring to the M3K vs other more expensive shotguns, hit me like nails on a chalk board when referring to Stoegers M3K? Inexpensive.....definitely not cheap.

If it goes bang....it's fun!

Edited by suzhansen

This is when the gun was still brand new and unfired. There was already a scratch on the extractor. There is a video on the main M3000 thread about 10 pages back, maybe more now, on how to get the pin out. It's really easy but there is some good tips in the video.

Once you have it out take a small flat file and smooth off the sharp edges on the bolt where it scratched the extractor.

20150812_080937_zpsl1wnjwwv.jpg

Thanks! All the pics and videos really help. The key is to look at many. Some people post and they have NO clue what they are doing.

Go figure....some things aren't true on the Internet!

I opted to order a new Benelli extractor and spring. The original goes in the 'save for whenever' box that is ever growing.

If it goes bang....it's fun!

+5 is about 3/8 longer than 24" barrel. Capacity is 9+1+1 (ghost load). +9 is about 10 or 11 inches longer than barrel. If the factory front isn't bright enough for you the HiVis Comp sight gives you lots of dot size and color choices, but is retained by a single screw in the factory location. It can be rotated if struck on an object. Our dovetail front is much tougher, but is high enough that the XS rear sight must be used in conjunction. This does however greatly improve slug accuracy without getting in the way of aerial targets.

Im not seeing your sights on your site?

• 3 years later...
9 hours ago, 5000w4tts said:

I just bought the nordic +3 extension tube for my stoeger m3000 how much of the new spring do I need to cut off

It should extend 12-16 inches past the end of the tube. 

• 2 weeks later...

I didn’t want to create a new thread so thought I’d ask here.  I’m a mediocre USPSA shooter who is now doing 3 gun too.  I only own a hunting type mossberg 500.  I did my first two matches with a borrowed 9 shot 500.  I was looking at the m3k but I really like the m3000 turkey hunting model, which has all the chokes and a pistol grip stock.  Outside of the nut, tube/spring, and follower is the m3k waaaay better than the standard gun?  I just really like the PG stock.

14 hours ago, Deadcoyote said:

I didn’t want to create a new thread so thought I’d ask here.  I’m a mediocre USPSA shooter who is now doing 3 gun too.  I only own a hunting type mossberg 500.  I did my first two matches with a borrowed 9 shot 500.  I was looking at the m3k but I really like the m3000 turkey hunting model, which has all the chokes and a pistol grip stock.  Outside of the nut, tube/spring, and follower is the m3k waaaay better than the standard gun?  I just really like the PG stock.

The pistol grip will get in the way. 

The M3k is better because the mag tube is coated, the loading port is already opened up a little and the big one is the serial number is not in the way if you decide to open it up more. 

Your probably going to buy chokes anyway so just buy a turkey choke.