Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3K

assaultthesalt

Wanting a cheap boomstick for some upcoming 3 gun for me and the old lady.What are some opinions on the M3K and what are the main modifications to do to it strait outta the box. I know.....I just should by a Benelli M2 and be done with it.....LOL

If I buy a Benelli , its gunna be a Super Sport for the skeet field....so....no Benelli for now. :)

LOTS! Of info on this gun..http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=173219

and

http://www.multigunmedia.com/m30003gun.pdf

The M3K If you can find one, needs a mag tube and shoot it.

Sure you can open the post MORE if you like, but it is not required.

Besides it is the just a cheap boomstick (fully incapable of winning major championships)

Edited by P.E. Kelley

The only things I did to mine besides the tube is.

1. Dremmel the front of the plastic trigger housing with the sanding drum to make it round so the shells funnel in to the port.

2. File out the groove that the extractor goes in because there factory leaves a jagged edge and it could cause it not to work.

3. Oil it up

4. Cut the stock and add a limb saver.

That's it, I have not had one hick up with it and I shoot the crap out of it.

Edited by louu

1. Dremmel the front of the plastic trigger housing with the sanding drum to make it round so the shells funnel in to the port.

2. File out the groove that the extractor goes in because there factory leaves a jagged edge and it could cause it not to work.

3. Oil it up

This ^^^

Do you guys know where to get a M3K? They seem to be sold out everywhere i know of.

I got my V2 M3K at Cabela's in Delaware, 629.99 out the door.

Edited by louu

The inertia spring "resides" in the bolt carrier.

The action spring wraps around the mag tube and polishing the tube and deburring the spring ends helps.

We are happy to help, but now we have yet another thread on this gun.

HEY MODS merge this thing!

Edited by P.E. Kelley

Ok...did some more research.....What brand extended tubes are everyone running?And.....does Dremel polishing the tube where the inertia spring resides make much of a difference ? I know the trigger feels like crap...LOL...any fix for that ?

Buy the kit from MOA he makes a special nut for it.

I just picked one up for $550. I shortened the buttstock and changed the shim. Ground the points off the top and bottom of the pad. Fits much better to this short girl. Looking at getting a hiviz front sight. And researching what other mods have been done.

RCI and Carbon Arms make integrated tubes for it. For heavy duty use that might be somewhat more durable. That said, I run a +9 extension (13rd total) on the factory mag tube WITH NO CLAMP and toss it in dump barrels constantly. Mine has about 12k rounds through it now, and the tube is holding up fine. We manufacture an adapter nut specifically for the Stoeger which uses the Nordic MXT series tubes. This year Nordic started making a Stoeger specific nut as well. So whether you order ours or Nordic's the only difference is the adapter nut, and the price is within a dollar or two. The integrated tubes are MUCH more expensive. But if you are using it as a stand-off device to keep angry pigs at bay, it might be worth the expense :)

3. Oil it up

Dremmel and file? louu???

Can you show pics of yours?

Thanks!

RCI and Carbon Arms make integrated tubes for it. For heavy duty use that might be somewhat more durable. That said, I run a +9 extension (13rd total) on the factory mag tube WITH NO CLAMP and toss it in dump barrels constantly. Mine has about 12k rounds through it now, and the tube is holding up fine. We manufacture an adapter nut specifically for the Stoeger which uses the Nordic MXT series tubes. This year Nordic started making a Stoeger specific nut as well. So whether you order ours or Nordic's the only difference is the adapter nut, and the price is within a dollar or two. The integrated tubes are MUCH more expensive. But if you are using it as a stand-off device to keep angry pigs at bay, it might be worth the expense :)

Funny you mention this..... I ordered my extension tube (+8...suggested by Jesse) and a new follower from YOU yesterday!!!!

Woot!!

Thank you for posting on here as much as you do. I have read your posts and they led me to you!

As far as the angry pigs....Thank goodness we only have the supersized angry slugs here in Western WA. I think I have them handled with my shotgun, rifle, and multiple pistols!!! :goof:

Well picked her up yesterday ! Tore down and polished bolt, slide rails and mag tube.Polished some trigger parts also.Oh.....and changed her oil to Mobil1...

A lot smoother now.Trigger reset is a little better but the initial take-up n pull is still crap. LOL Now all I need to do is order the ext mag tube !

3. Oil it up

Dremmel and file? louu???

Can you show pics of yours?

Thanks!

Okay, gotta wait a little bit for the sun to get a little brighter. It's hard to get a good pic of a black gun in the house (bad lighting).

This is when the gun was still brand new and unfired. There was already a scratch on the extractor. There is a video on the main M3000 thread about 10 pages back, maybe more now, on how to get the pin out. It's really easy but there is some good tips in the video.

Once you have it out take a small flat file and smooth off the sharp edges on the bolt where it scratched the extractor.

20150812_080937_zpsl1wnjwwv.jpg

Edited by louu

+5 is about 3/8 longer than 24" barrel. Capacity is 9+1+1 (ghost load). +9 is about 10 or 11 inches longer than barrel. If the factory front isn't bright enough for you the HiVis Comp sight gives you lots of dot size and color choices, but is retained by a single screw in the factory location. It can be rotated if struck on an object. Our dovetail front is much tougher, but is high enough that the XS rear sight must be used in conjunction. This does however greatly improve slug accuracy without getting in the way of aerial targets.