Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip Tape On Production Gun

Sixgun

Going over the Production rules, it is allowable to add grip tape. Would it be allowable to add a piece of grip tape to the slide, back by the cocking serrations? I'm wondering if this would be an "external modification".

Ray

Grip tape ---- the reference is to grip tape, because that's where it's supposed to go. I'm pretty sure we've discussed this one before --- and that was the interpretation. I did the grip tape thing on the slide for a little while on a limited ---- right up until the day where it slipped off in the middle of racking the slide during a COF. I'll stick to the serrations now.....

I did the grip tape thing on the slide for a little while on a limited ---- right up until the day where it slipped off in the middle of racking the slide during a COF.  I'll stick to the serrations now.....

I still have an inverted "U" of tape on my slide. For me, a rather small guy w/o a whole lot of hand strength, it is a lot more secure than grabbing the front or rear cocking serrations, and the overhand rack with the weak hand is very fast. It hasn't moved at all. Mebbe the "U" shape holds better than just pieces on each side of the slide?

Kevin C.