Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Silver Creek Icore Match

Airedale

Today Zookeeper hosted the first quarterly ICORE match at Silver Creek near Sellersburg,IN.

We had twenty three(!) shooters who enjoyed seven stages. Shooters came from around Kentucky and Indiana, Connecticut, and, I heard, one of the gentleman was from England (enroute to another shoot). I would have enjoyed visiting with the English fellow, but after ten years of living in Kentucky, I no longer speak his language :)

Akidale's super steel shoot ran concurrently with the ICORE match. I suspect he had ~30+ shooters and donated the proceeds to the Memorial fund for the Louisville Metro Police Officer who paid the ultimate price this past week. Bravo Dale!

I squaded with forum member Kimberkid during the steel match. He is a fine young man and a credit to our sport. Kimberkid was shooting a Glock so I suspect he has some identity issues he's dealing with. <_<

S&W 625's where the norm today. I did see some model 19's and 10's, a few 610's, a S&W 28, and a really high tech open gun.

A great day!

Dave

Zookeeper did a great job with Silber Creek's first ICORE mach. To bad I did not do as good a job with shooting my first ICORE match. Airedale did a great job with running our groop. Plus it is always a great to shoot with Mrs Airedale (Hight Limited Lady).

Wayne

Just now got back home to Northern IN. The match was truly fantastic. It was well worth the drive and I will make a sincere effort to get down there for the next one. I dont know about identity issues, but I most definetly shoot the Glock better than the 610. Today was a bit of an experiment, as I usually shoot my namesake, a light slide Custom Target in .38 Super for steel. However, I think I may actually be faster overall with the G34. It was a true pleasure to get to meet you all.

As far as the English gentlemen goes.... He is currently residing in Conneticut, and flew in from there for this match only. He was not on his way to a bigger match. I hope you got a chance to look at his gun, as there are about 5 of them ever to exist, and you cant get another one like it for all the money in the world. While practical type shooting isnt quite his "cup of tea" (haha, get it) he is quite the Bianchi Cup/PPC shooters. 3 or 4 European and UK championship wins between those various sports.

Thanks to everyone involved for putting on an EXCELLENT match and we hope to see you all again soon.

Mike

Zookeeper put on a first class match. Thanks for letting team Bluegrass shoot and scoot to our rimfire match. It was nice to see KimberKid, GunRunner, Airedale, Latewatch, and others. That Mrs. Airedale is just a sweetheart. I enjoyed the COFs with only one mike today during a bill drill on steel. Thanks to all who made it possible, this will be a quarterly stop for me and some of the Bluegrass Conspiracy.

Ditto on the praise of Jack's first ICORE match. Had fun although I had some gun issues. I love shooting wheelguns but, these matches leave no doubt in my mind why I carry an auto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The steel match was also great. Did much better on that with my open gun. I also praise Dale for his thoughtful donation to the Officer Peter Grignon Fund. Acts of kindness such as this are just another indication of what good peaople are involved in our sport.

Airedale,

From looking at the results we had better see a "B" by your name on the USPSA card pretty Da^% quick :wacko:;)

BUT

What's the deal ? you let Fomiester sneak in between you and Zookeeper <_<

Just a quick note....I have heard that the TN section match will be the last weekend of August this year....(NOT Chiseled in stone)

You and Jack going to Huntsville at the end of April to shoot the 3-gun match? I hope to be there with the M1A

Fomeister.... Keep up the good work, next is to smoke ole Zookeeper himself !!! :P

See ya'll on a range somewhere, sometime !!!!!

Hopalong

Hoppy,

I shot that 6 1/2" model 25 and just decided to hose things. It worked pretty well.

I did hold back as not to spank Zookeeper...it would have been ungracious to beat the host :D

Mrs. Airedale and I intend to shoot the TN underwater sectional again this year. I hope to make the 3 gun in Huntsville.

Fomeister is a wheelgunner who is hiding in Limited. He hangs out with the Lexington mafia-they are a bad influence. :blink:

Dave

Thanks for noticing Sam, I really enjoyed this. I was surprised at the outcome. :o I am looking forward to next quarter.

Airedale, you may be right about me hiding in Limited. :ph34r: I suspect that the 19+ seconds Zookeeper had on me were reloads, and that may be where the magic is in the whole revolver experience as I have suspected all along.

Vikings501 drove that 627 hard yesterday, it sounded like his splits were from his Limited gun. He hadn't touched a wheelgun since 3-28-2004, that is almost exactly a year to the day. I suspect he will be a quarterly wheelgunner at best, but he is a good shooter, and he will keep you on your game.

That 's right Kimberkid! Now, as you know, I load six in my revolver for balance issues. Loading five would throw the gravitational pull off and cause my first shot to be something like .3234mm to the right unless shooting in the part of Indiana that does not change to daylight savings time.....

Dave

What makes you think it will ever happen again?? That was barely redemption for how bad I shot the wheelgun. My apologies for not introducing myself, I tend to feel sorta outta place at new clubs and try to just keep quiet and not embaress myself. Thanks to everyone that put on the match, I love shooting steel as much as anything, and it was really cool to shoot a Texas Star, that was my first time ever shooting one, wish we coulda had more than 3 runs. Maybe next time I'll take Dave's bet on load 5 for the Star.

Surely hope everyone took note of my new sponsor and sends a lot of business his way so he feels like I am money well spent. (cheap plug mode "off")

The British gent also wanted me to extend great thanks to everyone, he had a great time and says he cant wait to come back.

Mike

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! Next time I look forward to meeting you, and any other BE'ers who happen to show up. With any luck I'll be able to shoot the ICORE match next quarter as well as run the steel match. Maybe with that, uh, Planning, I think that's what they call it.... :D