Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10th World Action Pistol Champs 2016

Well, 365 days to go. Start booking your flights to New Zealand

Whangarei Pistol Club will be hosting the match from Tuesday 8th November 2016 to Friday 11th November 2016. Match Dinner 12th.

Un-Official Program is as follows.

Match Range facilities are available for Practice from Monday 31st October to Sunday 6th November, range is closed Monday 7th for Maintenance and testing.

Official Website will be up and running from 7th November (next Saturday) NZ Time.

This will slowly have information added concerning Hotels, Vehicle Rentals, Ammo, Reloading Equipment and Supplies for those who need. NZ Police requirements and procedure’s and links for import and re-export of firearms. Place for storage of firearms if you need for any pre-match or post-match travel.

Timing of match is to allow most people from US or EU to get here and back to family before the Thanksgiving (US) and the Europeans to get back in time for their Winter Holidays J.

This may cause issues with some as the Northern Hunting Season is in and around this time. But any later, Thanksgiving for those in the US, expensive flights, no hotels, no dinner venue or range staff. Any earlier will be also cause problems at this end.

So we tried for the middle and hope we got it right.

Sponsor announcements later, we are working with some good folk and am hoping for more to come along.

A registration of interest and how many guests a competitor would likely be bringing would be useful information for the organising committee to know earlier rather than later. A form will be attached to the website later this week.

All info on the following will be on the website by the end of November.

NZ Police requirements for Import and Re-Export of Firearms

Hotels

Ammunition or Reloading needs

Importation of Ammunition if you wish to send ahead.

Vehicle Rentals

See you next November

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Can you please post some information on the required paperwork to take pistols and ship ammunition to New Zealand. I'll be traveling from the US.

Thanks,

Seiichi

I'm not connected to the match, but if you look on the pistol NZ website, there's some information there.

You'll need to apply for a temporary permit via the NZ police. I think there's a link on there to the web page where you can do an online application.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

All details for bringing firearms in are on the WAPC website and should contain links to the Pistol NZ website.

Please note: Pistol NZ is not hosting the match (just helping out with some details) any correspondence concerning the match must not directed to them. They are their to facilitate the import of firearms for the match and only that at this stage.

www.wapc2016.com

• 1 month later...

Has anyone filled out their forms yet?

It is asking for a NZ lic number of the person that will be holding your firearm. I am holding it, so what do I need to do. Also, I am planning on sending my gun back with someone, as I will be traveling from NZ to Australia.

Any one in NZ got any clues?

The website mentions that you are holding Titegroup, is that something we need to get with your about? As I will need Titegroup and CCI primers. I will be bringing brass, bullets, and my 650 tool head.

Are standard capacity mags an issue? I might have asked this before but I forgot.

Edited by PPGMD

Yes I do!

Titegroup is in very short supply here right now and I have smuggled 16lb aside specifically for WAPC competitors.

We also have CFE Pistol and a small amount of HP38. Vihtavouri is about he same price as gold right now. Cost of freight from the Eu to NZ is appalling and supplies are limted. Hopefully we will have the new ADI powder, that are essentially Hodgdon Clays and Universal CLays back in stock this month, subject to shipping.

Zero bullets we are busted on and I am working on that. We may have a good stock of Polymer Coated lead projectiles in time for the shoot.

Cases are in transit I hope. We are at the mercy of the State Department and ATf at present, that has not gone to plan A. But we have 3 1/2 months yet.

Yes I do!

Titegroup is in very short supply here right now and I have smuggled 16lb aside specifically for WAPC competitors.

We also have CFE Pistol and a small amount of HP38. Vihtavouri is about he same price as gold right now. Cost of freight from the Eu to NZ is appalling and supplies are limted. Hopefully we will have the new ADI powder, that are essentially Hodgdon Clays and Universal CLays back in stock this month, subject to shipping.

Zero bullets we are busted on and I am working on that. We may have a good stock of Polymer Coated lead projectiles in time for the shoot.

Cases are in transit I hope. We are at the mercy of the State Department and ATf at present, that has not gone to plan A. But we have 3 1/2 months yet.

Cases are ITAR controlled? I guess that means I have to account for every case. :devil:

We were lucky Air New Zealand has prepaid bags like $1-2 for the first three.

You can bring as many with you as you want to leave behind. ITAR control is about items leaving the US not accompanied. You need to check, but last time we had the WAPC a lot of guys brought extra cases with them just in case. There is no restriction on quatities of ammunition, cases, projectiles or primers that you can bring with you as far as the NZ Government is concerned. They are more worried about the correct paperwork for the guns. Primers are classed as ammo. So no mor ethan 5kg combined ammo and primers, do not pack primed cases. The airlines really frown on that.

I suggest loading your match ammo at home and bringing your 5kg, (11lbs) per IATA regs, of ammo with you. You could then fill the rest of your suitcase with spare brass for practice and load down here.

Cases from ammo shot at the match stays on the ground, any cases you use in practice you will be able to pick up and reuse.

I was kidding, considering how much gun stuff is moved around in the luggage these days.

Anyone have any idea how long it takes to get a response for the New Zealand Police on the Temporary Firearms Permit Application?

• 4 weeks later...

All,

Hotels are getting booked out in Whangarei, please get your hotel sorted fast. Even if you just get a hold put on a room.

Kim,

Federal Primers OK, VV N320 not so. I will check and see what we have arriving. I have just got TightGroup, 231, Clays and CFE Pistol in.

• 1 month later...