Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

switch from 308 to 30/06 in 550

Also, if you set up a Deluxe Quick-Change Kit for the Toolhead assembly for 30.06, you will want to get a 30 caliber Powder Funnel (even though you already have one from your 308 Caliber Conversion Kit). Because it will end up locked down inside the Powder Die / Powder Measure assembly.

If you just get a Toolhead & Powder Die for the 30.06 Toolhead assembly, then you can use the 30 caliber Powder Funnel you have, because it will slide out after you take the Powder Measure off the 308 Toolhead assembly.

My thought was resetting and using the seating die and crimping die for both? I'm doing .45acp so I'm good on the shell plate and knew funnel will work for both. I'm not rich, took a few years to save up for my 550, so the more I can do with less is better. I think after these I get these 2 calibers, I will only need 5.56 and 8mm mauser. Oooh forgot about 303 british, I might have to many firearms, naawwwww.

If you are not interested in leaving the dies permanently set up, you can use the 308 seating and taper crimp dies for 30-06. We have to do this on the Super 1050 in 30-06, due to the stroke length of the machine.

If you are not interested in leaving the dies permanently set up, you can use the 308 seating and taper crimp dies for 30-06. We have to do this on the Super 1050 in 30-06, due to the stroke length of the machine.

Good add on that! (I figured you could, but wasn't sure.)