Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

15 - 4 second load 8's in row .. and a review of the Taccom MG qua

Colinp

Shotgun loading challenge, what's a better way to review the new Taccom MG quad loaders.

Shotgun loading challenge from fellow three gunner known here as Tony the Tiger.

Load 8 with a four second par time while moving, sounds easy right?.

Now do it 15 times in a row. Which means if you yard sale on your 14th load you MUST start from 0 again.

I was able to complete this challenge this evening using the New Taccom MG quad loaders (It took me a hour and a half, but never mind that)

Now on to the review of the new loaders. I will start this off by saying that Tim is a great supporter of the sport, and is always willing to talk to customers at matches. That being said, I'm not sponsored by any means by Taccom, I.e I paid for all my loaders.

Intial impressions:

As usual the loaders are made to a very high standard. The magnets and rubber pieces are very secure and don't look like they will fall out any time soon.

Pros:

1) Shells are very secure, however they grab extremely smooth! Like Butta

2) Very tough psychical construction on par with the rest of Taccoms gear.

3) fast shipping!

Cons:

1) The above is very possible, but the adjustment needs to be made for the specific type of shells your using.

Based on the depth of crimp. I.e Fed Top gun has a very shallow crimp, while Herters have a deep crimp. The loaders may need adjustment between shells. Not a big deal, as Fed top guns are a good price and easy to find.

2) Will not work with Brass rimmed SG shells. I.e winchesters AA

Some herters shells are brass coated, but still have a steal rim, those will work fine.

-------

It took some time to adjust the loaders just right, but I believe these are going to work well for me.

post-44089-0-78475200-1445997671_thumb.j

Nice write up.....one thing that one customer came up with and it was such a great idea, we had to share it. The cushions as assembled are a 40 Durometer and pretty much allowed for up to .060" in shell stack up......IF you pull the cushion out about a 1/16" to 1/8" re-set the holder, you'll find that you can have up to 1/8" difference in stack height from one stack to the next. Also.....although it was designed for steel rimmed shells.....it has not been doing too bad holding brass rims in place either due to the fact that the rubber cushion is actually providing the force to keep the stack together.

Oh yeah....you can go prone

post-2749-0-09008100-1446042742_thumb.jp

Edited by TRUBL

Received mine today. Super fast shipping by the way. First time trying to quad load, was able to load 8 shells in 6 second par time about 70% of the time during half time of the game I'm watching. I did notice a retention difference between Rios and Federal, will try adjusting rubbers.