Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Speed

Pitt Bull

I am trying to develop more trigger speed. I dry fire at least 20 minutes everyday. While dryfiring I notice when I get my sights settled down it takes me a long time to make the hammer fall. When I take my time I have no problem with the gun moving, but when I try to increase speed the gun moves. Is a little movement Ok at 10 yards or should there be no movement. Any suggestions for improvment would be welcome.

Trying for speed is the biggest problem most shooters have. Develop correct form and it will take less time. Speed is a by product, not a product, so the more you try for it the harder it is to get.

If you want to shoot better, then you need to increase trigger awareness. Lots of threads on here about that.

Your front sight will tell you how much movement is acceptable. You can move it around and see how much you can move it and get an A

Everyone sounds spot on.

I am always trying to be aware of each and every subtle detail in my grip pressure, trigger pull, the way my wrist feels and so on. I think it's more important to be aware of what's going on rather then asking why it's going on.