Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Should I get a bullet feeder?

So after reading some threads my question about which bullet feeder to get is pretty much answered... Mr BF... sounds like its pretty heavily favored even tho the GSI BF has some strong plusses.

So this brings me to my final question.. Do I really want to drop the coin on one at all? I have loaded about 15k this year on my 650, probably 13,500 of 9mm. At the start of the year I did not even have a case feeder. Adding the case feeder was AWESOME. Had I known the difference I would have ordered it originally with my press. Is the bullet feeder the same in that respect? Most people seem to love them, but I've seen some reviews that are take-it or leave-it. Heading into the cold season I'm going to try and get as far ahead in my loading as I can, so if this will make loading considerably easier/faster I'm down for giving it a try. What say you, Mr Bullet-Feeder owners? Worth the cost?

You will like the improvement almost as much as the case feeder. Your only concern is to look in each case after every pull, which u should be doing anyway. Good addition

Edited by cnote

They are faster and less work, the MBF forces you to loose your powder check die or seat and crimp at the same time.

That shouldn't be an issue, I don't have a powder check die

Thanks!

You will like the improvement almost as much as the case feeder. You only concern is to look in each case in every pull. Easy

Excellent!

So after reading some threads my question about which bullet feeder to get is pretty much answered... Mr BF... sounds like its pretty heavily favored even tho the GSI BF has some strong plusses.

So this brings me to my final question.. Do I really want to drop the coin on one at all? I have loaded about 15k this year on my 650, probably 13,500 of 9mm. At the start of the year I did not even have a case feeder. Adding the case feeder was AWESOME. Had I known the difference I would have ordered it originally with my press. Is the bullet feeder the same in that respect? Most people seem to love them, but I've seen some reviews that are take-it or leave-it. Heading into the cold season I'm going to try and get as far ahead in my loading as I can, so if this will make loading considerably easier/faster I'm down for giving it a try. What say you, Mr Bullet-Feeder owners? Worth the cost?

Most definitely it IS worth its cost.

Most definitely it IS worth its cost.

thanks for the feedback! sounds like its the way to go then

You'll tell yourself after you get one, "I should have gotten one sooner".

thats what I was hoping

After reloading on a 550 for the past 20 plus years, I finally broke down and purchased a 1050 and Mr Bullet Feeder...every time I touch it I wonder why in the hell I didn't do it 20 years ago. Yes, MBF is worth every penny of the $500.

Tip: the MBF bullet dropper has to stay vertical throughout the drop, else it will double. I got a 5/8" clamp and tie wrapped it to the powder reservoir...works great.

I would add Hornady into your list. Mine works great and I use if for both jacketed and coated lead. Both feed through great and changing over to different calibers takes minimal effort.

Haha! I'm pumped...Unfortunately it's out of stock in 9mm. Hoping to get it in by next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you order from? Shooters connection hopefully

Actually no. From CED. But shooters connection is a better idea since they sponsor so much. Cancelled my CED order and now shooters connection order is placed. Even better: they've got one in stock! On the way

Actually no. From CED. But shooters connection is a better idea since they sponsor so much. Cancelled my CED order and now shooters connection order is placed. Even better: they've got one in stock! On the way

Nice job!

The only advise I will add is DON'T buy the mini mr bullet feeder, I would have been better flushing that $147.00 down the toilet for what I've experienced.

Yikes. I guess I looked at them but figured if I was gonna jump I was gonna jump big! Glad I did.

yeah the benefit in any bullet feeder is really in the collator.

when I first got mine I was lazy as shit and just bolted it on. it was only about 95% working (5 in 100 bullets upside down). I wasn't that happy and kind of underwhelmed. Then I spent 30min figuring out what needed adjusting and setting it up. it's now 100%. I get maybe one upside down every 500 or more.

Now I'm super happy. no left hand cramp. just pull the handle and watch ammo come out the other end. :)