Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2 x 1050's with 1 bullet feeder. Can it be done?

I move my collators around quite a bit. I use the same ones on my reloading presses that I use on my bullet sizing machines, just have them all mount on 1" tubing. Back off one bolt and slide them off the post, (same thing with the case collators too).

That said I don't swap out the bullet feeders themselves though as they are all different calibers. Why are you wanting to use the same bullet feeder on two different machines?

Since you will still be loading 9mm bullets in the sig press you can get away by just buying the die body from daa. Costs less than $20 and has die body, insert, top clip and lock ring.

To swap get your spare set of balls and install in the second press. That die can now stay there with insert and balls in place at all times. To swap it over all you do is undo that single little grub screw in the brass collar. Lift the dropper off the die, move collator over then connect to the other die. Takes half a minute this way. :)

Actually I looked again. All I did was buy the die body for 11euro. It stays set in the press. When I swal it I undo that grub screw, lift off the dropper and then undo the clip and remove the inner tube and 3 balls. Stick those in the other toolhead, attach dropper, done. For 33euro you get the inner part as well which saves that step but I'm cheap so I just bought the die body. Works fine. :)

That sounds like a recipe for lost balls.

At the moment when I swap toolheads I unscrew the die body and screw it into the new toolhead. It only takes 20 seconds to setup. I'm a tightarse too so I havent bought another dropper die yet. It hurts spending money when the AUD is this low.

Next time I reload I'll see if the collator works ok if it's loose on the casefeeder. It's pretty tight right now.

Have to load sig on my old machine until the shed is finished. :(

Myself I'm going to order a complete extra DROPPER ASSEMBLY when I order my 2nd machine.

That's $100, plus, if you load different calibers, you will need the conversion kit - that's another $150.

So your choice really is between $250 and $450... an extra $200 on top of $4500 cost of two machines with one Mr.BF.

Well... we are talking $2000+ machine here... should I make it $2200 or $2400? Seems like a small additional price to pay for potentially nice convenience.

Let's not forget we are not talking about a single 1050 but two different ones. In either case I understand about being cheap too.

• 2 weeks later...