Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV Infinity

IBSandy

Hello to all. I am new to IPSC and would like some advice. There is a .40S&W Strayer Voight Infinity listed for sale for $1650. It is stated as "new". I am left handed and would need to get new grips, I think.

Is this a worthwhile investment? I have shot a few matches with my Kimber and would like some advice.

TIA, Sandy

Infinicoat is SV's version of hard chrome.  It looks a little different than hard chrome, not quite as shiny I guess.  Sandy says it is much more durable and harder than hard chrome.  Some kind of aerospace developed finish or something.

F.Y.I. , Infinicoat is a PVD coating (Physical Vapor Deposistion).It is applied in something like a microwave for metal.  This coating is also used on carbide inserts that are used to CUT(!) steel and other, even harder nasties. You cannot get something harder in a cutting tool unless you go with diamond tiped cutters. What I'm saying is this stuff makes hard chrome look like playdoh and is an awesome finish!

In my opinion, Infinicoat is not as shiny as hard chrome.  It is matte and not quite as "silver" or "grey" as hard chrome.  Almost more like a matte nickel looking finish?  Something like that.  Anyone else help out here?