Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best place to find match booklets?

I recently volunteered to be our ICORE match director and I'm looking to find match booklets from bigger events to see how other people setup stages. I've never been to a match outside of our local club so I think it would help get a bit of perspective. I got as many as I could from ICORE's website on the old IRC pages, just wondering if you guys might know about a gold mine for cool stage designs?

That's what I've used. I downloaded all the classifiers and all the old IRC stages. I also have watched numerous videos of other matches to see what other people are doing. I also emailed a couple of other MDs and asked some questions about stage designs as well as match management tips. I am glad other people are stepping up, I commend you for what you're doing. I know last year when I got roped into by a couple of buddies I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into. Luckily other MDs at our club have been very helpful and we are working to support each other as much as possible ( USPSA, IDPA, and ICORE working together to promote shooting sports). I hope it work out for you, and feel free to contact me if I can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM sent, thanks for the offer. Our USPSA/ICORE/IDPA/3Gun guys all run in the same crowd so we have a nice working relationship among disciplines. I'm a little nervous about how people will like my stages for next year but I'm going to try and find stuff we don't normally do at our club and incorporate it with ICORE. It'll be fun to say the least.

I've been designing stages for our indoor match at work for a over a year now and this summer I've started designing for the local USPSA matches. If you send me a PM with your email address I'll drop you an email with all of my written stage descriptions. Even if you don't use them as written, you can steal ideas.

The other thing I have done is made minor adjustments to some of the USPSA stages our club did to make it usable for ICORE. The other thing I would say is, design stages you'd want to shoot: meaning- have fun and get creative with it; use as much as your club has to offer (props, targets, steel), find or make props, and make it a challenge to shoot it. Yeah some people were frustrated at the some of the stages I designed because they wanted to shoot it better, but they all enjoyed shooting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I learned a lot from my first go around last weeekend, the current MD sent me a note and asked if I'd like to design any so I sent him some ideas I thought would be good. After actually shooting them I realized a few things I hadn't considered on the couch. I'll probably spend some time this winter planning a dozen or so new stages that incorporate elements I personally haven't shot before.