• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

That belt will be fine. Belt just has to be secure through your belt loops -- with inner/outer combination belts being good to go. As far as the holster, that question is better answered by knowing the exact holster you are talking about. I don't recall any holsters that are ok in IDPA's version of production that wouldn't be ok in USPSA production.

• 1 year later...

I am running a tanfoglio limited and love it. It is all stock minus thumb rest I put on it. Great gun very accurate very fast and a great price.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

But that's kind of my question. Why is it caliber based rather than (solely) power factor based? I mean, I get that 9mm major is probably dangerous in other than a custom build and so might want to be discouraged in "lesser" divisions, but that's not true for 38 super major loads is it? It seems strange to force a 38 super to score minor in SS eg if it's using a major load. Sorry for noob question - my knowledge is extremely limited.

Or put another way, why is a 38 super 1911, eg, shooting major loads artificially disadvantaged?

Edited by gavagai

The floor for major in Limited and SS is 40 to create a safe space for 40 and 45. If 9mm/38 was allowed to make major everyone would shoot that instead in Limited, because it would be a straight capacity advantage. I imagine it's a purist thing for SS?

Edited by NickBlasta

• 1 month later...

I'm curious about trying Carry Optics Division. Where can I find the criteria for that division; ie: is there another annex in the rule book? If so, I can't find it.

http://uspsa.org/uspsa-announcements-details.php?Appendix-D7-Carry-Optics---Provisional-Released-215

I have tried to get the web dude to put a link on the rules page in the past and I am trying again today. Sigh....

• 2 weeks later...

Where's the best place to start? I have a 1911 (my favorite to shoot), Glock 17 and a CZ 75B. Any recomendation as to which division to start in?

As Jesse said, reloads being easy with the double stack mags for Glocki?CZ. But if you have never shot a USPSA match ever, than the best thing to do is jump in with what you have. Get at least 5 mags.

G4G17, aftermarket sights are allowed. Night sights are not good for competition, they are for carry/duty. Take a look at Dawson Precision, Taran Tactical and Heines, either black on black or fiber optic front. Dawson has a policy that if your POA/POI don't match they will send you a new front sight to correct it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, 9x45 said:

gavagai, the only 9mm bullet that will make major in Limited and L10 is a .357SIG. It's just the rules, don't try to make sense out of them.

I disagree. Minimum bullet caliber for Major in both Limited and L10 is .40.  If you are going to shoot 9 Major you'll have to do it in Open.

22 minutes ago, mccurdy53 said:

I disagree. Minimum bullet caliber for Major in both Limited and L10 is .40.  If you are going to shoot 9 Major you'll have to do it in Open.

https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-announcements-details.php?Rulings-on-holster-distance-USPSA-Handgun-Rules-231

Is not in the rulebook because it was voted on and passed after the current rulebook came into effect. But it IS legal as of Jan 1 2015

Edited by js1130146

23 minutes ago, js1130146 said:

https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-announcements-details.php?Rulings-on-holster-distance-USPSA-Handgun-Rules-231

Is not in the rulebook because it was voted on and passed after the current rulebook came into effect. But it IS legal as of Jan 1 2015

Yeah, gotta keep up with the rules!