Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Divisions

Flexmoney

USPSA Divisions:

- Revolver: Wheel guns reload every six shots. They have Major and Minor scoring. Iron sighted guns.

- Open: This is the "anything goes" division. True race guns. You can use ported/compensated guns, optics, and 170mm magazines (which can hold about 28 rounds of 38/9mm).

- Limited: Limited means no optics or ports/comps. Magazines are limited to 140mm. You need 40 caliber or larger to make Major power factor. Double stack 40's rule the roost here. I use a Glock 35, but many Para's and STI find their home here.

- Limited 10: Just like Limited, but with a 10 round limit on (loaded) magazine capacity. Single-stack 45's (1911's) are a popular choice.

- Production: Everything is scored minor power factor in Production (so 9mm is on even ground). There are no "single-action" guns allowed. Holsters must be of the "non-race" type. No external modifications to the gun (no added magwells, or non-factory parts on the outside). Many Glocks, Berettas, CZ's, XD's, SIG's, Hk's, etc. are home in Production.

- Single Stack: Traditional 5in 1911's. Non-race holsters. Standard length magazines (gun and mags must fit into "the box"). Minor power factor guns are allowed up to 10 rounds in the magazines (if it still fits the box). Major power factor guns are limited to 8 rounds in their mags.

With those 6 divisions, every USPSA match is like having 6 matches in one...you only compete against the shooters in your division (with similar equipment).

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
USPSA Divisions:

- Production: Everything is scored minor power factor in Production (so 9mm is on even ground). There are no "single-action" guns allowed. Holsters must be of the "non-race" type. No external modifications to the gun (no added magwells, or non-factory parts on the outside). Many Glocks, Berettas, CZ's, XD's, SIG's, Hk's, etc. are home in Production.

Does this mean you have to use the factory grips ? As that would be a non factory part on the outside ?

Thanks

• 1 year later...
If you don't see you post...know that it lives on in my heart. :):):)

LOL!! :cheers:

edit: Well, I guess you can delete this one too! :D

Edited by SLM

I would add a couple of things to the FAQ that were not obvious to me, coming in fresh to these new divisions:

In divisions where there are 10 round mag limits, you can use higher capacity magazines, but only load them to 10 rounds. Anyone who can count to 11 is going to figure out if you're trying something funny.

In production division - if you have a double action gun without a decocker, you must manually drop the hammer on a live round at the "make ready" command (per: 10.5.9 in the 2008 rule book). This is my least favorite part of the day when shooting production with my EAA Witness. I can tell the ROs love it too.

chuckr

• 2 years later...

Here's a chart I made: USPSA Pistol Divisions Quick Guide

It can be a useful visual guide in explaining the differences between the divisions.

Hope this helps...

LT

post-6812-128041850841_thumb.jpg

Edited by LT45

It can be a useful visual guide in explaining the differences between the divisions.

Hope this helps...

LT

Good stuff. They removed the part about no magazine extensions in Single Stack. It would be legal to run an extended mag so long as the gun fits the box with it. The only mag I can think of that falls under those rules might be the Tripp System mag, but there could be others I'm not aware of. R,

Hope this helps...

LT

How about something about production is only minor, 9mm min for minor and 40cal min for major for Lim, Lim-10, etc., and Open min for major or minor is 9mm?

Hope this helps...

LT

How about something about production is only minor, 9mm min for minor and 40cal min for major for Lim, Lim-10, etc., and Open min for major or minor is 9mm?

I think I'll leave it as is for now...

It's just a quick visual guide so shooters would have an idea what division they might like. :cheers:

Hope this helps...

LT

I think I'll leave it as is for now...

It's just a quick visual guide so shooters would have an idea what division they might like. :cheers:

Roger that! :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

Hope this helps...

LT

Great chart! Mind if I post that in some local forums for the newbies?

Oh and could you please make a chart for every different set of 3 gun rules please.

Edited by jtischauser

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

LT 45

Might check but I'm pretty sure that the max length for mag in limited 10 is 171.25 for single stacks, which is the most popular gun shot in that division.

Nice!

There are two lengths listed on the chart for Lim-10...

one length for double stack mags and one for single stack mags.

Here's version 2... I made a few mods to bring it up to date and to add some clarifications.

Feel free to use it however you like, pass it around or post it... :cheers: LT

I really like that chart! One thing though: if I was reading it for the first time, I would have to assume that production and single stack magazines would have to fit in some kind of box and not the gun and mag!

Good job!

Chuck