Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nook Glowlight Plus

Nuke

Looks like these would be great for scoring - waterproof and dust proof with a capacitive screen instead of IR. Unfortunately, B&N once again left out the SD card slot, so rooting is not user-friendly. Would be great if someone could do an equivalent of Root n Scote It for this one. Any chance it might be possible to boot from an SD card using an adapter for the microUSB port?

I haven't even looked at it... But if it running the right version of android... Use an MDM and install the software.

Haven't worked with an MDM before. You have a favorite that you think might do the job? Preferably free :)

I can buy nearly 3 of the new Amazon Fire tablets for the price of one Glow Light and I don't need to worry about rooting it.

That's true, but there are advantages to the Nook that have been discussed in other threads. Don't really want to rehash that here - just looking for info on making the new option work.

I can buy nearly 3 of the new Amazon Fire tablets for the price of one Glow Light and I don't need to worry about rooting it.

That's true, but there are advantages to the Nook that have been discussed in other threads. Don't really want to rehash that here - just looking for info on making the new option work.

Totally agree and the Glow Light being waterproof and dust proof is a big plus.

I haven't even looked at it... But if it running the right version of android... Use an MDM and install the software.

Haven't worked with an MDM before. You have a favorite that you think might do the job? Preferably free :)

Cisco's Meraki MDM is free for up to 100 devices.

I've run it on iPhone, iPad and android...

Works good and has a training video!

Edited by RadarTech

How about an OTG flashdrive.

Sam's club had a regular USB 3.0 16G drive plus a OTG 3.0 drive for $10

It works great with an Android tablet.

Similar to what I had in mind with adapter. Just not sure if the native locked-down OS will support OTG.

Apparently you can enable developer options trough standard UI and the side load any apps to this device using adb.

Just saw that. I haven't worked with ADB, but there's a first time for everything.