Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CK Arms Thunder Limited

Deerhunter9790

Well, I finally got to hold my Thunder limited 9mm today! Unfortunately for me, I just moved to Washington and their gun laws suck ass so I am waiting for the state to do a background check which can take a number of days apparently. The gun feels awesome and I CANNOT wait to get this thing to the range. 8672444efc21e6b3b84db4faae0891ab.jpg

Well thank you for your service first off and it's good to hear you came to the great side of the U.S that's were I live. I run my own gunsmithing business and would not do business anywhere else, love it here. I hope you get to take it to the range soon. Keep me posted would like to know how it does.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Just got one about 4 months ago and it is amazing. Only been shooting limited for a year and won my class at the TN sectional with it. Good luck.

Mine is super tight, how many rounds did you put through it to feel like it was broken in?
I've got around 1500 through mine and it's still tight. Oil the sh!t out of everything and run it wet. I just now switched fr ok m factory to a 118pf load. Pistol will shoot anything from 115s to 147s really well.

Just got one about 4 months ago and it is amazing. Only been shooting limited for a year and won my class at the TN sectional with it. Good luck.

Mine is super tight, how many rounds did you put through it to feel like it was broken in?
I've got around 1500 through mine and it's still tight. Oil the sh!t out of everything and run it wet. I just now switched fr ok m factory to a 118pf load. Pistol will shoot anything from 115s to 147s really well.

Yea, I plan on shooting some factory stuff for a couple hindered rounds but I talked to Bobby about shooting my 147s I normally shoot and he said it should be fine. What holster are you running?

I'm guessing from the bullet weights, your's is a 9MM? I've been looking at the .40. Where'd you pick it up? Shooters Connection?

Yea it is a 9mm. I bought it straight from CK Arms due to it having the steel grip. Shooters connection isn't stocking then with the steel grip yet.

I only had to put about 1,000 rounds through mine before it was broken in. The only thing I did different was take out the factory 12lb recoil spring and drop in a 14lb for the break in period. After about 1,000 rounds you can put the 12lb back in. World of difference.

I only had to put about 1,000 rounds through mine before it was broken in. The only thing I did different was take out the factory 12lb recoil spring and drop in a 14lb for the break in period. After about 1,000 rounds you can put the 12lb back in. World of difference.

Thanks for the tip! Are you running the stock guide rod? What is your opinion on the Dawson precision tool less?

I am running the stock that came with it and had no issues. I might put a tool less one in when it needs to be replaced, but don't see the point in spending the money right now. Just my opinion.

I'm guessing from the bullet weights, your's is a 9MM? I've been looking at the .40. Where'd you pick it up? Shooters Connection?

Yea it is a 9mm. I bought it straight from CK Arms due to it having the steel grip. Shooters connection isn't stocking then with the steel grip yet.

Looking forward to a range report when you get that puppy out of gun jail! ;)

Mine was a 9mm purchased from Shooters connection. I was able to snag a steel grip from Matt C. I tried the regular AA sti holster and it was a no go. Ordered the race master AA with svi steel insert and it's 100%

Is the SVI insert give a tight fit or does it rock forward and backwards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was a 9mm purchased from Shooters connection. I was able to snag a steel grip from Matt C. I tried the regular AA sti holster and it was a no go. Ordered the race master AA with svi steel insert and it's 100%

Fits nice and tight with no movement

• 3 weeks later...

Sir, are you pertaining to Double Alpha race master SV magnetic insert?

Sir, are you pertaining to Double Alpha race master SV magnetic insert?
Yes the SV steel grip insert block

• 3 months later...