Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the Best Action Cam for IPSC?

BCGlocker

Sony HD AV200

i have this and mount on top of my earpro (base zip tied to the earpro). it's a little heavy and if i'm hot and sweaty and running around, i have had it dislocate my earpro which isn't a good thing. video and audio is superb.

just got a gopro session (the little cube-shaped camera) and used it last weekend for first time, mounted (clipped) to the bill of my ballcap. worked pretty good.

I got the Drift Stealth 2 from Amazom. Nice little camera with wifi. After recording, I can turn on the wifi, open the app on my phone or iPad & watch wirelessly. It has a 360* rotating lens so it can be mounted on muffs, or on the bill of my cap. I'm liking it there better as the view is more 1st person.

Sony action cam. Mounted properly to the steel band of my peltor tactical sports. I cannot tell when it's there or not (easily removed with a quick release). It's very light. Picture is excellent and just as important the sound is great too.

I like the Tachyon. Very small, light, and easy to use. Comes with multiple mounts. I just replaced my slightly older 720P version with the newer 1080P resolution model. Have the 720P for sale if you are looking for a good deal. Only difference is the resolution. I can share a like to my YouTube that shows the video quality, with some of the videos being the 720 and the newer ones 1080P.

Edited by scottlep

Pivotheads work realy well for pistol shooting, not so much for rifle and shotgun though and theres no mounting involved. But as someone has said already, having a person stand back and film you is more beneficial for finding areas to improve your shooting.

www.vimeo.com/user44488928/videos

Edited by Towely

Sony action cam. Mounted properly to the steel band of my peltor tactical sports. I cannot tell when it's there or not (easily removed with a quick release). It's very light. Picture is excellent and just as important the sound is great too.

they also make a mini version of this camera ... smaller and lighter ....

I keep waiting on the pivothead myself but I think I may give up. The latest iteration of their website has them up for "pre-order" which apparently ships 60 days from the order date. They are also not exchangeable or refundable currently. So if you have a problem, buy another pair I suppose. In my personal theory the way to go is still a gopro.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am currently using the Contour+2. It comes with all the mounts needed to mount to your earpro as well as a waterproof case. Also with the contour+2 you can remote into the camera through bluetooth. So someone else can start and stop your camera if you like. You can also change your camera settings on your phone without having to plug your camera into a computer. It has two settings for the settings you want to use the most. It has been an awesome camera and the battery life goes forever as i have only used it for shootig competition so its only on for 30sec or so at a time and its supports up to a 32gig card.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone used a drone (quad copter) yet?

As a quadcopter hobbyist, I wouldn't bother, unless you have someone not shooting to pilot it.

There's just too much stuff going on between shooting, loading mags, taping, etc. to add flying a quad, dealing with batteries, working the camera, etc.