Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Pirates of Texas Carbine Championship

Question regarding the upclose steel targets for rimfire on stage 7, are they falling targets? If so, do they actually have to fall? Our local club has a plate rack that sometimes the plates don't fall. Or will the RO call shots if we are in doubt?

Also are papers two hits or are the shots weighted; 0,2,5 points etc like IPDA or IPSC targets?

Edited by Dannybot

Danny: Yes, the rimfire steel on Stage 7 will all be falling steel and yes, they must fall. We're familiar with the plate rack problem but these hinged plates will easily fall with a rimfire hit.

The paper targets are IDPA targets with the same scoring in terms of points down. 0,1,3,5 points down with each point equating to 0.5 seconds.

Mitch: Yes, you'll be fine. I would email HAL9000@texascarbine.com tonight and see if he's received your app in the mail. If not, it may come tomorrow. Worst case, you fill out a blank app and we'll return your original check when we receive it.

We got all the stages set up today and everything looks great for the weekend.

Seeya Sunday...

Ok, ok, ok... ok

Shot this event for the first time. Brought my wife and she shot it in rimfire, first time ever shooting a rifle in competition.

She had a great time. The R/o's were very considerate knowing this was her first time shooting a carbine match. That made it enjoyable for her too. Thank you r/o's. Curly was very happy, she was slow, but hit her targets, most of em, and did not spoil the day with a Dairy Queen. She knows that's good because she has seen me do it years ago. The guys and girls at Texas Carbine are great folks. I hope we get to do it again there. We are now looking forward to finding the same kind of events closer to home. We traveled from NE Texas, 70 miles NE of Dallas. Thanks everyone at Texas Carbine for a great event and making Curly and I feel like long time friends. Happy trails.... May the good Lord take a liking to you.

Szczinator: Thank you SO much for the kind words regarding the staff and the match and all of us at TC are extremely happy that both you and Curly enjoyed yourselves. That is our prime directive, always. I had the opportunity to watch Curly shoot a couple stages while taking photos and I would not have guessed it was her first time.

Thanks again, especially for coming from so far away and we look forward to seeing you both again next year.

Sincerely,

Thanks for putting on a great match. I had fun (even would have enjoyed it without winning rimfire), so did my wife. I really appreciate the RO's and all they did. At our local matches we are often too busy helping out. on RO and scoring duties to relax and enjoy it as much as we did here.

Also having lunch and water provided was an unexpected surprise.

Your words are too kind, Danny but appreciated nonetheless. Since our first match, our first and foremost goal was to ensure that she shooters had a safe and almost equally important was for the shooters to HAVE FUN. Based on feedback from that same group, it would appear wer're in the right direction. And oh, can we talk about those wonderful days when you just went to a match, had fun, helped out a little, and go home actually FEELING like you had fun. Yes indeed, we remember those fun, stress-free days. :-)

We're very happy to hear such words and that is what keeps us going.

Thanks again...

Fun Match!

Just got home late last night (Airline put gun case on wrong flight; had to wait 3 extra hours). Thanks to all the match administrators and RO's!

The stages were fun and a nice mix. Please put the #$^%$#^ bridge on a hoser stage next year :goof:

Squad 5 was a real good group, everybody got along and worked hard on reset.

I know they don't schedule this match on a fixed weekend but I hope next year it can be back on Presidents Day weekend. Its much easier for work.

Edited by Truegent2004

The match photos are now available and while my fellow photographer and I did our best to try and get shots of as many competitors as we could, it's pretty much impossible for two people to get photos of everyone. To those who didn't make the galleries, our sincere apologies. Again, thanks to everyone for joining us, the match was a huge success.

Pirates Match Photos