Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Pirates of Texas Carbine Championship

Applications are now available for the 2016 Pirates of Texas Carbine Championship on Sunday, February 21st. You can download the application from the match website at:

piratesoftexasmatch.com/application

2016_potcc_website-graphic.png

If you have any questions about the match, please check our FAQ Page first and if you can't find the answer there, email us. We have also added an Additional Info Page on our site with some updated information for this year’s match.

There is a discount for early registration and the match will be limited to 140 shooters. We think it will be a fun as well as challenging match and we hope many of the South Texas shooters will join us. There will be approximately 25 slots to shoot with the staff on Saturday should you prefer to do that and there is a box to check on the app for this. Those slots just as those on Sunday will be first come, first served.

For those who have never experienced this match, you can view the ATSN video of the 2012 match via the link below.

Click here to view the American Trigger Sports TV video of the 2012 Pirates Match.

Hope to see many of you from last year as well as some new shooters this year, it should be a great match.

The TC Gang

tc-official-logo_05_100px.png

We've never planned on having the match on President's Day weekend. Our choice has been driven by Valentine's Day, Super Bowl, and conflicts with other matches. The dates for the match have been:

2012: 2/19

2013 2/10

2014: 2/16

2015: 2/15

So this year just happened to fall on the 21st and we're sorry if that's a problem for some. It's hard to please all of the people, all of the time. :D

We've never planned on having the match on President's Day weekend. Our choice has been driven by Valentine's Day, Super Bowl, and conflicts with other matches. The dates for the match have been:

2012: 2/19

2013 2/10

2014: 2/16

2015: 2/15

So this year just happened to fall on the 21st and we're sorry if that's a problem for some. It's hard to please all of the people, all of the time. :D

It was just a lot harder for those of us not from Corpus to come all the way there for a Sunday match on a long weekend.

Still going to try to get Household 6 to give me a get out of church free pass for this....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone who has not signed up for the Pirates of Texas Carbine Championship 2016 "Pirates v the Walking Meatheads" the dead line for the early registration is December 31st so get those application in and save some money. The stages are still under review and prop testing still on going but I can promise that this match is going to be the best ever. Dreadnaught Industries is our Gold Sponsor this year. So get registered and come out for another great match.

• 4 weeks later...

Dave: Sorry for the delayed response but I broke my ankle crashing on my road bike and had to have surgery so I haven't been as quick on the draw with email, etc.

Anyway, here are both a photo of the bridge and a short video showing what it's like to walk across it.

The Photo

The Video

We tested it last weekend and as you can imagine, there was some swearing.

However, quite a few shooters were able to hit all the steel targets despite the movement. But, we only tested it at 80yds, not 200 so come prepared. :)

• 2 weeks later...