Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loading once fired 9mm

Fly

The photo in the above post (left side) appears to be shot more than once, as my once fired doesn't look anything like that.

Not necessarily, if I take once fired brass and leave it in my garage in a 5 gallon bucket.... it will look just like the brass on the left after a a month or two.

The consensus seems to be..... clean your brass, even if once fired.... of course YMMV. I think it's solid advice, and I wouldn't dismiss what people have said even if you plan on leaving the brass behind at a local match that does not allow you to pick it up.

Seems odd that you post a question, then seem dismissive of the feedback you received.

~g

Reload it and don't worry.

I normally only tumble for our match ammo

Usually brass for practice ammo goes straight to the press. Still using the first U-die I purchased MANY years ago - may be several hundreds of thousand rounds.

Sherwyn

Sees Sights, i have not dismissed any input from the people on this forum who have respomded. I'm asking questions, that's what people generally do when they don't know something about a particular subject. I haven't purchased a tumbler, vibrator or an ultrasonic unit to date, nor have i reloaded a shell, clean or once fired.