Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Adrenaline Rush

Seen as no-one else had the Guts to say it ......

Saying "I Do" (that holy sh#t what have I just done feeling)

Then in no particular order.

A family sedan at 2.00am no head lights on at 220km/h approx 140mph. :o

Teaching an In-law that calling my kids names is a good way to a get very blurred vision and the mother of all head aches. :angry:

Shooting my first match in the US of A

Returning to the US every year since my first. ( see ya's in 7 weeks )

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I might bring this one back.

1 )flying into yugoslavia to recover a downed red cross plane just to have green tracers start flying by your ch-46 helecopter windows. 2 ended up hitting the tail.

2) being 17 and seeing how fast your 1970 plymouth fury3 would go, and as you crest a hill doing 120, you see a tractor pulling a plow and drag crossing the hyway about 200 yards in front of you. Thank god, he moved at the last possible second.

3) 140 foot bunji jump

4) 11000 foot sky dive

5) throwing a live grenade

6) going 140 on a yamaha v max motorcycle

7) going 150 in a z06 corvette

8) being told to lock and load for the first time (for real)

9) being one of the few people to ever experience a vulaphoonquake. In the philippines, (mt pinatubo)

10) being called Marine for the first time.

11)Shooting any belt fed weapon, until the barrel glows

12) detonating a line charge Something like 1650 lbs of c4

13)watching my son being born

14) grass draging a high horspower snowmobile

15)coming about 10 feet from a charging bull moose, and having in turn at the last second.

The biggest adrenaline rush that I have felt and the I KNOW will never be the same after, was my first MEDEVAC mission and being able to radio to control, "TALON OPS, THIS DUSTOFF 948!" (Talon Ops is our Flight Operations team. Dustoff 948 is my Blackhawk).

140 knotts indicated in a head wind with the radar altimeter bouncing between 50-70 feet. Full crew just as amped as you as it's our first mission in the history of my unit!

Long story on the mission, but the operator was good. Having to fly back cross-feeding from Engine 2 to Engine 1 to prevent a flame out and having a $50+ million hole in the ground and getting back to our base with less than 20 gallons of gas on the aircraft is probably the only thing that beats it.

Rich

Shooting a nice size grouper (a 20 pound fish) at about 70-80 feet deep in the Caribbean Sea and in the process of recovering it, your pripheral vision catches that damned gray shadow of the bigger (8-10 ft long) fish with the funny hammer shaped head! :o

I'll take a new wetsuit, please.

Shooting a nice size grouper (a 20 pound fish) at about 70-80 feet deep in the Caribbean Sea and in the process of recovering it, your pripheral vision catches that damned gray shadow of the bigger (8-10 ft long) fish with the funny hammer shaped head! :o

I'll take a new wetsuit, please.

Because I HATE sharks, YOU WIN!!!

They're just another fish that eat big stuff. Luckily for me and my buddy, Mr. Sphyrna was just curious and came to see what was going on, went around us once and back to the abyss. To this day I don't remember breathing for that whole minute (that felt like 1/2 hour). I think I just held my breath to not call his attention with the bubbles. :mellow: The only time I've seen a hammerhead in the wild.

Man, I miss my Sea Hornet (the gun). I sold it to buy a UW camera (Nikonos V) and never got the camera. :(

Edit: Because I didn't have the wisdon of spellcheck.

Edited by Nemo

Racing a 70-foot ultralight sailboat, halfway between LA and Hawaii. Middle of the night, lotsa stars, no moon, 30 knots of breeze and big swells... and then you hear it. the big one. So big you can almost feel it rising up in the darkness behind you.

You turn the boat down-wave, pump the sails to get it up on "plane", get everybody hunkered down, and hold on.... cuz the second you feel the back of the boat rise on the front of the wave, boatspeed goes from 14knots to over 30, and your 24,000 pound highly-engineered carbon-fiber home-away-from-home becomes an infinitesimally trivial splinter rocketing down a big chunk of ocean, and all you can do is *hope* that you can keep the boat facing down the wave, because getting sideways at those speeds is a Really Bad Thing.

... and when that ride is over, everyone hoots and high-fives.... and starts looking for the next one to catch. Trust me, it is addictive...

B)

B

:D 1. Watch my daughter being born! Knowing that I have to be reasonable for her!!!!

:o 2. Setting at the staging light waiting for the other guy’s stage bulbs to pop on, then catching the glimps of a pro-tree coming on at the moment you release the trans-break. Having 3200lbs pound car with a 557BBF, 600hp nitrous system and 10” tires carry the front the wheels to the 60’ beams in 1.26 seconds and you pop the car into high gear. Right hand goes on the shoot lever and in 8.5 seconds @161mph the ride is over.

3. Standing next to my car after putting a killer tune-up on the nitrous system and watching 1400hp of pure beauty make a prefect pass and I wasn’t the pilot! I am the owner and tuner and only get to pilot when when I am allowed! Just been along time. Damit! :angry:

Edited by MarkS_A18138

:o 2. Setting at the staging light waiting for the other guy’s stage bulbs to pop on, then catching the glimps of a pro-tree coming on at the moment you release the trans-break. Having 3200lbs pound car with a 557BBF, 600hp nitrous system and 10” tires carry the front the wheels to the 60’ beams in 1.26 seconds and you pop the car into high gear. Right hand goes on the shoot lever and in 8.5 seconds @161mph the ride is over.

+1 except in a 2400lb car with 33x16" tires and a 598Ci bbc with 950Hp 60'@1.16 and 1/8 @ 5.32@130

Edited by newshooter

Entering the banking at the old Ontario Motor Speedway for my first time and finding the courage to put on more throttle instead of the brakes at 120ish, then finding that you can't see out of the asphalt bowl you are in, your suspension is bottomed out and you are slapping the tank with your chest so hard your vision is blurring, but if you back off the throttle you fall onto the infield, nothing like sink or swin on the track ;-)

You all have had some good ones. In particular I'd REALLY like to skydive but opportunities are kinda limited around here. :angry:

Mine would have to be.

1. Motorcycle - Crashing @ 100mph with only a helmet and street clothes on and living throuhg it - Shock kicked in soon after though and NO I will not be doing that again.

2. Motorcycle - Pulling the front wheel at will and shifting through the gears - Yeah, was stupid but FUN and VERY addictive.

3. Hare Scramble racing (Dirt bikes) - Going all out for 2hours through insanely tight trees and rocks.

4. 125ft Bungee jump - Pretty exciting but the fall didn't last long enough

5. Street racing (bike or car)

6. USPSA shooting - particularly speed courses. Even if you do poorly they are exciting!

....Many more to come.....love a good rush

Great thread. Takes me back... quite a ways.

1.The first time I experienced the rush was when at the age of 12, that Halloween, we tried to turn over old man Taylor's outhouse, only to discover that it was staked on one corner. We only rotated it. When the old man heard us and came out with a yell and a blast from his shotgun, we took off scared as hell! - and my buddy Rene fell into the pit! After we heard the old man laughing we returned to an unforgetable scene! :lol:

2. My first motorcycle flat track race at 17. OMG was it a gas! B)

3. Sailing a 39 ft sloop at night in the Atlantic and wondering where the stars went, only to discover that they were being blocked out by an empty freighter doing some 25 knots just off the starboard beam! He was barely 20 ft away and never saw us! :o

4. Closing my first real estate deal and writing a check for $50,000. Serious pucker factor! :blink:

5. Again sailing, woke up to a building squall and experienced the strange sensation of surfing the boat. It was just daybreak and in the grey light we could see the actual size of the waves coming at us from astern. We immediately threw out a sea anchor and tried to slow down but it didn't do much. We had to surf them at an angle to prevent being pitch poled or broached by a breaking wave. This went on for hours! Later we estimated the waves to be close to 60 ft! That day I learned - Don't mess with Ol' Man Neptune!

Regards

TraderJack

I was going to give the list...upon thinking about it I realized all were near death situations.

Insted I am going to thank the BIG man for my gaurdian angels :)

Jim

Amen to that, Jim.

I've had a life-long propensity for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and have had many 'interesting' experiences as a result. That might explain why I don't go in for games of chance -- I just have a well-earned feeling I'm going to lose.]

Still and all, I wouldn't trade the ride for anything.

Surviving a departure stall/spin while my instructor was "teaching" me a short field take off. Reverse through the trees is an "All new" feeling.

Hitting a rut and being pulled into a maple tree on a motocross bike......3 miles from civilization.........wiping off the blood and riding home for the head stitches.

Building an 11 Second street car.....through the mufflers and on legal tires......lot's of fun.

Head shooting deer at 300 yards+...with witnesses.

Sex.

Whatever happens tomorrow.....I hope. ;)

What a bunch of interesting stories. Makes mine pale by comparison, but I'm going to post them anyway.

1. Getting woke up at 2 am by the hall light being switched on, because I slept through the two guys kicking my front door in. About 1 sec. later had a pistol shoved into my face.

2. Young lady that I was coaching during an Air Guard pistol qual course, turns, points revolver at my mid-section, pulls the trigger several times while saying this thing isn't working.

3. Top the rise on a 2 lane road in Montana late one night doing about 90 and see a herd of cattle just ahead. I managed to miss all but one.

3B. Finding out that I had to pay for the cow, but didn't get the meat.

4. Riding a dirt bike with the headlights on doing 60 on knobby tires and the car stopped at the stop sign to my left pulled out in front of me. If the old grey haired lady had seen me and stepped on the brakes I would not have had the room to get by the back of her car and not enough time to stop.

5. First time I loaded a belt of ammo into the .50 cal. that I was about to shoot.

6. Taking a shower while having a heart attack--didn't want to go to the hospital all stinky you know. Won't do that again, those hospital workers will just have to put up with the smell.

7. Falling off the side of the boat I was climbing into because the driver had pushed the throttle forward and made a sharp left turn. Won't do that again either, I don't need anymore scars.

No Real Order

*Seeing the muzzle of gun (And not at a Range)

*Being the 3rd man in on a small scale Jail Riot :ph34r:

*Triple digits on a motorcycle

*Jumping a Motorcycle and looking down to see your Dad looking Up :D

*Making $5 an hour and driving a customers car at 150 Plus. (911Turbo)

*My Wedding day and my soon to be wife showed up :wub: I was wreck until then

Edited by Clyde

Well, Number 1 would have to be the time I jumped out of a Huey and my chute didn't open.

Number 2. The first time I ever had sex. Thanks, Shirley. You were great.

Number 3. Probably the time when I was 17, walking down the street one morning and a guy pulled a knife on me.

Number 4. My first jump out of a C-130 at Fort Benning Airborne school.

Number 5. Doing the bullet proof vest demo with me wearing the vest. Two shots, one Remington 125-gr. JHP +P (none of that weinie standard pressure stuff for us manly gunwriters) out of a four-inch Smith Model 15, the second a Federal 230-gr. Hydra-Shok out of a Colt Government Model.