Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SIG Legion Series

rhart123

This past weekend I got to put a 226 SAO in my hand for the first time.  I did not walk out with it, but I did walk away pondering hard and significantly impressed.

I grew up begging for opportunities to shoot my dad's Gold Cup National Match.  My first pistol was a first-run Kimber Classic that I still have, and have put many thousands of rounds downrange through in competition.  Like many others, I'm a 1911 guy.  However, I've never been a 2011 guy.  In 9mm, I have competed with Beretta 92's, CZ's, and the very occasional Glock.  Sigs have been problematic because I have no flippin' idea what to do with my strong-hand thumb.  I have decocked 226's under recoil before because I end up resting my thumb on the decocker.  A safety solves that problem.

I was very curious about this pistol, and I have to say that I am now thinking this could be a really decent choice for 3-gun.  20 round mags are readily available, it has a very nice trigger, and usable sights.  I could see swapping out the front post for a full fiber optic sight, but that might be the only change I would make.

I liked it enough that I'm probably going to put my backup rifle on the block to try to pick one up.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/26/2016 at 3:09 AM, 59Bassman said:

This past weekend I got to put a 226 SAO in my hand for the first time.  I did not walk out with it, but I did walk away pondering hard and significantly impressed.

I grew up begging for opportunities to shoot my dad's Gold Cup National Match.  My first pistol was a first-run Kimber Classic that I still have, and have put many thousands of rounds downrange through in competition.  Like many others, I'm a 1911 guy.  However, I've never been a 2011 guy.  In 9mm, I have competed with Beretta 92's, CZ's, and the very occasional Glock.  Sigs have been problematic because I have no flippin' idea what to do with my strong-hand thumb.  I have decocked 226's under recoil before because I end up resting my thumb on the decocker.  A safety solves that problem.

I was very curious about this pistol, and I have to say that I am now thinking this could be a really decent choice for 3-gun.  20 round mags are readily available, it has a very nice trigger, and usable sights.  I could see swapping out the front post for a full fiber optic sight, but that might be the only change I would make.

I liked it enough that I'm probably going to put my backup rifle on the block to try to pick one up.

I bought the Legion SAO  just to have also but liked it so much I shot a couple matches with it Limited minor then put a MK25 RX slide on it and threaded barrel. It's now my main competition gun. 

And doing quit well shooting Open minor. 

Hoping to get a minor compensater for it soon.