Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
DEP44

Apeiro - still Schuemann?

True but schuemann will always be better

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Agree, it was a strong selling point. I doubt STI will sell as many Apieros now.

Are the Korean parts really that much of a cost savings? I never thought Schuemann barrels were expensive. Be great if someone from STI would come in and explain why they went away from Schuemann.

(Un)availability of Schuemann barrels is what the STI rep told me. It kind of sounded like they would use Schuemann again if they were available.

I'd sure like to know what the twist rate is in my STI, with a Schuemann 5" aet barrel. When I try with a cleaning rod the darn thing doesn't even make a rotation!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been in search of the the perfect receipe, Bullet weight, powder, AOL. Been using everything from 180 Rainiers, FP. 180 HP Zero's, Now I'm working with 200 Grain Zeros. Been thinking maybe I need to try 165's. All these are for Major. Thank you.

I'd sure like to know what the twist rate is in my STI, with a Schuemann 5" aet barrel. When I try with a cleaning rod the darn thing doesn't even make a rotation!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been in search of the the perfect receipe, Bullet weight, powder, AOL. Been using everything from 180 Rainiers, FP. 180 HP Zero's, Now I'm working with 200 Grain Zeros. Been thinking maybe I need to try 165's. All these are for Major. Thank you.

http://www.schuemann.com/Portals/0/Documentation/Webfile_Barrel%20Twist%20Rate.pdf

and if it has the gain twist rifling (sounds like it does) this gives some info: http://www.schuemann.com/Portals/0/Documentation/Webfile_AET_BARRELS.pdf

basically it has variable width lands and a variable (increasing twist) so it looks like almost straight rifling when you look down the barrel. it only reaches the final twist angle right near the muzzle. likely it's a 1:24 twist (but with the gain twist factor thrown in).