Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II Hammer Removal

JMike

Hi Guys and Gurls,

I've searched through 6 pages and haven't found any information on removal of the Stock II hammer so that I can replace my hammer spring. I've also searched You Tube with no results for the Stock II.

Can someone point me to a tutorial or tell me how to remove the hammer on a Stock II? I am seeing a pin on the right side of the frame that looks like it needs to be removed before I can drive out the main hammer pin but I cannot figure out how to accomplish the task.

Any suggestions, tips or help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by JMike

That pin that you see (runs perpendicular to the hammer pin itself) is a retainer pin for the Hammer Pin and is removable after the slide is removed. Just push it up and then the hammer pin itself will come out to the left.

Remove safety ( 1/16" pin punch needed), flip up sear spring into slot.

Remove sear cage

Remove the keeper pin that keeps the hammer pin in place (comes out the top and that's why the sear cage was removed)

Push out the hammer pin.

Done!

Edited by johnbu

That pin that you see (runs perpendicular to the hammer pin itself) is a retainer pin for the Hammer Pin and is removable after the slide is removed. Just push it up and then the hammer pin itself will come out to the left.

Thanks guys! I have done everything that has been suggested thus far with the exception of the removal of the hammer.

The frame is completely stripped except for the hammer. My question is how to remove the retainer pin so I can remove the hammer pin? Do I wiggle a small flat-head screw driver under the retainer pin and force it out that way or is there an easier method?

Thanks again, you guys are the best!

Edited by JMike

Hi Guys and Gurls,

I've searched through 6 pages and haven't found any information on removal of the Stock II hammer so that I can replace my hammer spring. I've also searched You Tube with no results for the Stock II.

Can someone point me to a tutorial or tell me how to remove the hammer on a Stock II? I am seeing a pin on the right side of the frame that looks like it needs to be removed before I can drive out the main hammer pin but I cannot figure out how to accomplish the task.

You can watch this video

http://www.henningshootsguns.com/tech/video/eaa.limited.frame.disassembling.wmv

Hi Guys and Gurls,

You can watch this video

http://www.henningshootsguns.com/tech/video/eaa.limited.frame.disassembling.wmv

Excellent, excellent, excellent! That is exactly what I am looking for! Thanks to everyone else that took the time to respond, you guys rock!

yeah the henning vids are the best place. he's working on single action framed guns but the only difference is your hammer has 2 holes and one has a disconector attached.

off the top of my head you cannot take out the hammer pin retaining pin without removing the sear cage as the back part of the sear cage covers it. so you need to:

field strip

remove safety (the ambi safety has a pin on the right side safety)

wiggle out sear cage

now using a small flat blade or pick get the hammer pin retaining pin up and out (don't loose it!)

now the hammer pin will come out

It's a shame they didn't design the strut/spring arrangement like a CZ (with a plug and pin at the bottom) as then it'd be a piece of cake to change hammer springs. sadly changing hammer springs on the tanfoglio is a bit of a pain.

yeah the henning vids are the best place. he's working on single action framed guns but the only difference is your hammer has 2 holes and one has a disconector attached.

off the top of my head you cannot take out the hammer pin retaining pin without removing the sear cage as the back part of the sear cage covers it. so you need to:

field strip

wiggle out sear cage

now using a small flat blade or pick get the hammer pin retaining pin up and out (don't loose it!)

It's a shame they didn't design the strut/spring arrangement like a CZ (with a plug and pin at the bottom) as then it'd be a piece of cake to change hammer springs. sadly changing hammer springs on the tanfoglio is a bit of a pain.

I agree for sure with this part, I like the longer spring/strut design on the CZ as well as the ease of access.

field strip

wiggle out sear cage

I agree for sure with this part, I like the longer spring/strut design on the CZ as well as the ease of access.

Yep!

I put the Hennings kit in the Stock II and polished up the areas mentioned in the video. Before DA trigger pull was 11.4 lbs and the SA trigger was nearly 5 lbs. Now, I am at 9 lbs DA and 4 lbs SA.

I have seen You Tube videos where guys are getting the DA down to around 6 lbs and SA at around 2 lbs. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might get it a bit lighter? Also, what kind of trigger pull weights are you guys getting?

Lighter trigger return spring, lighter sear spring, Xtreme "light" hammer spring. Lighter plunger spring.

Finer polishing.especially inside the holes for the plunger and hammer spring. Mirror finish the plunger (all parts) and hammer strut.

CGW rp trigger spring, and hammer spring on the plunger aND take a emory wheel the the plUnger shaft as min was rupped with machine marks. Cz sear spring, one piece sear. And if your shooting federal primers cut 2 coils off a wolf 13lb hammer spring

• 4 weeks later...