Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

V-comp vs standard 627?

S391

Keep in mind, the compensator is removable and it comes with a small flat plate that can go in place of the compensator so you don't have to run it as an open gun (usually in any competitive format, you can't use comps or you have to shoot open division). Other observation about the V-Comp vs PC627 is that the V-Comp has a dovetailed front sight where the PC627 has a interchangeable front sight system (spring pin system), which makes sight changes easier, but you'll rarely do it once you get the sight you want installed (unless you break one). The price difference is also a factor, usually you can pick up a PC627 for about $150-$300 less than a V-Comp. That extra $$$ can fetch you a fair amount of other gear (moonclips, holders, belt, holster). This may not be a deciding factor, but it's always something to look at. Other than that, the V-Comp with the plate is still heavier than the PC627, which some people prefer to have the heavier gun. Both are great guns, I personally like the V-Comp's two-tone look and the barrel profile looks different, that just cosmetic preference though.

Having had a v comp, the "comp" It's pretty useless. We are not shooting a high enough power factor load to make it "work"...I've taken them off my 929's.... To small to be effective/useless except as a barrel weight.

Edited by mike NM

I have all of the above 8-shot revos. and the V-comp is probably most useful for hunters who want to run 357 Magnum heavy loads. USPSA only allows 8-shooters to be minor and ICORE 8-shooters are all scored the same, major or minor. I ran the V-comp with major loads at a local outlaw club and the results were disappointing i.e. slow transitions and a tendency to hit low on the paper. I now run 627-5 8-shot minor and beat all the major-load 625s. I imagine there are people who run the heavy gun but I don't see many.